Located at a distance of 100 kilometres from Bangalore, Bheemeshwari is known for its rich diversity of flora and fauna. It is nestled between lush green and dense forests and the River Cauvery - a great spot for all nature lovers.
Though this place is known for trekking, it also provides its visitors with many other activities such as short and scenic nature walks, adventure activities and the chance to spot wildlife.
The trekking path is gentle and exciting - perfect for beginners or those who want a relaxed and leisurely activity outing. There are a few slopes and a lot of great views to take in along the way.
Bheemeshwari Trek - An Overview:
Location: Mandya District, Muthathi, Karnataka
Difficulty Level: Easy
Distance from Bangalore: 105 kilometres
Famous for: Breathtaking views, beautiful valleys, rivers, bird watching
Trip Duration: Two days, one night
Trek Distance & Duration: 7 kilometres, 2 hours each way
The difficulty level of the trek is easy, with few slopes in between. It is a great spot for beginners to kickstart their trekking hobby.
How to reach Bheemeshwari:
1. Bheemeshwari is very accessible by road. You can find many KSRTC buses that drop you directly to Bheemeshwari from Bangalore.
2. You could also drive there. The journey of 105 kilometres can be covered in around two hours.
Bheemeshwari Weather Conditions:
1. The winter season is from November to February with a very cool climate, making it a great place to be there.
2. The monsoon season starts from the month of June with heavy rainfalls.
3. Bheemeshwari has summers from March to June. It is quite hot and not a great time to be there.
Bheemeshwari Trek Route:
1. You can trek to three places here: Chelluri hill, Doddamakali and Galibore.
2. The trekking distance to Chelluri Hill is around 7.5 kilometres.
3. The trek route starts by crossing the Cauvery River by boat.
4. You can even trek to Doddamakali which is around 7 kilometres from Bheemeshwari. This place is ideal for birdwatching, fishing and rafting.
5. Another trekking option is Galibore, which is around 16 kilometers from Bheemeshwari and surrounded by beautiful trees.
Best Time for a Bheemeshwari Trek:
The best time to visit Bheemeshwari from August to February as the region is in full bloom and the rivers full of gushing water. During this time it is possible to spot many rare birds, making it an ideal excursion for bird watchers.
Bheemeshwari Trek - Two Day Trek Itinerary:
1. Leave Bangalore at 6.30 am and pick up passengers at four points in the city.
2. Reach our destination by 9 am.
3. On arriving at the campsite, freshen up at homestay and grab a bite to eat.
4. Head out for some adventure activities such as jumaring and river crossing, followed by a lunch break.
5. In the evening enjoy tea and snacks and relax.
6. Return to the homestay by 6.30 pm, freshen up, start a bonfire and have dinner.
7. Wake up at 6.30 am, freshen up and have breakfast.
8. The trek begins at 8.30 am. All the necessary safety information will be provided.
9. Complete the trek and return to the homestay.
10. Leave to Bangalore and reach destination by 1 PM.
Things To Carry:
1. Lots of water. At least 4 liters is recommended
2. Trekking shoes and a torch
3. Clothes for two days
4. Sunscreen lotion, moisturiser and insect repellent
5. Tissue paper
6. A light jacket or poncho, depending on the season
7. A cap and sunglasses (if necessary)
8. Dry fruits, energy bars (if necessary)
9. Power Bank
Inclusions & Exclusions:
The package includes the following:
1. Transport from Bangalore to Bheemeshwari and back
4. All meals on day 1
5. Breakfast on day 2
6. Expert guides
7. First-aid support
8. Forest department permissions
This package does not include:
1. Meals on the bus
3. Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Disclaimer: The information about the trek here is general. We request the trekkers refer to the details on the specific Event / Trek Booking page for specific detail.
Bheemeshwari Trek - Map Location:
Bheemeshwari is located in the Mandya District in Karnataka which is about 105 kilometres from Bangalore.
4 Amazing Things to Do on the Bheemeshwari Trek:
Photography: The marvellous landscape, the mist, the flora and fauna are all great photo opportunities. Also take photos with your trekking buddies.
Camping: Experience the joys of camping. Set up a bonfire, sing some songs and experience the great outdoors!
Boat rides: You can enjoy the coracle rides here on the waters of River Cauvery.
Fishing: You can do this activity at the Cauvery fishing camp or Doddamakali nature camp.
1. This is an easy trek. Even so, check with your doctor in case you have any medical ailments.
2. Wear footwear with good grip - good quality trekking shoes are preferred.
3. Carry any personal medication you may need for two days as medical shops may not be well stocked.
4. Take rest the days before the trek as you will be walking for several hours.
5. Wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for trekking.
6. Follow the guidelines given by the instructor.
Treks Similar to Bheemeshwari Trek:
As some of the best spots for trekking around Bangalore, these treks show best trails and great trekking experience:
- Ramanagara Trek
- Kudremukh Trek
- Skandagiri Trek
- Makalidurga Trek
- Savandurga Trek
- Kopatty Trek
- Sakleshpur Trek
- Nishani Motte Trek
- Mullayanagiri Trek
- Tadiandamol Trek
- Kodachadri Trek
- Anthargange Trek
- Sharavathi Trek
- Kotagiri Trek
- Kunti Betta Trek
- Bheemeshwari Trek
- Brahmagiri Trek
- Kurangani Trek
- Kemmangundi Trek
- Pushpagiri Trek
- Dudhsagar Trek
- Kundadri Trek
- Baba Budangiri Trek