There are many routes that one can trek on at in K R Hill but the most popular treks is Z-Point. It is the shortest trek at Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary. The trek begins from lofty plains, flanked on either side by greenery, coffee plantations and streams. From the plains, the trek leads to Shanti Waterfall - an enjoyable place. It then passes through ravines and dense woodlands. As the trail reaches its summit, trekkers will come across an exciting path that has steep slopes. Be a little cautious while passing through this spot.
Image Credit: wikimedia.org
Our guided trek to Z-Point is a magical journey. It takes you through an exciting route and passes through scenic landscapes. The trek is conducted by experienced hikers who meticulously plan the route to give trekkers a fabulous hiking experience. Added benefits of the trek package is the pick-up and drop facility from Bangalore to the trekking spot and accomodation at a comfortable homestay.
Kemmangundi Trek - Difficulty Level:
The trek to Z Point is short and comfortable for most part. The route up to the Shanti waterfall is easy. The trail after the waterfall is moderately difficult, it passes through a few steep slopes and a dense, dark forest.
How to reach Kemmangundi:
1. Most trekkers travelling from Bangalore to Kemmangundi book a taxi. Cabs depart from around the Kempegowda bus stand for a pre-decided fee.
2. Another good option is to drive down. The journey is a six-hour drive, but parking is a problem if you don’t pre-book a room at a hotel or a homestay.
3. To board a bus to Kemmangundi you need to drive from Bangalore to Tarikere. From there you need to hail a private bus to Kemmangundi.
Kemmangundi Weather Conditions:
1. Summer is for most parts pleasant in Kemmanagundi. Summer is from March to June in Kemmangundi.
2. Winters are from October to February. The weather in winter is not only cool but it's also romantic and cosy.
3. The monsoon in Kemmangundi (June to August) brings in moderate rainfall, yet it isn’t the ideal time to trek as some portions of the route can get slippery.
The Kemmangundi Trek Route:
1. The best trekking route in Kemmangundi is the trail up to Z-Point.
2. The short route starts at Kemmangundi Raj Bhavan and passes through woodlands
and Shanti Waterfall.
3. The route passes through an interesting terrain with forests and steep slopes along the way.
4. As you get closer to the Z-Point, you will come across narrow pathways.
5. From the peak, enjoy breathtaking views of Kemmangundi hills and its surroundings.
Best Time for a Kemmangundi Trek:
The best time to trek up to Z Point is between the months of September to February. Summer is good too, but that is only if you are comfortable trekking in mildly warm temperatures.
Kemmangundi Trek - One Day Trek Itinerary:
1. The bus departs Bangalore at 6 pm, picking up passenger along the way at designated stops.
2. Reach the homestay in Kemmangundi by midnight and retire for the night.
3. Wake up and have a breakfast at the homestay.
4. Start the trek at 10.30 am after a briefing by the group leader.
5. Reach the top by 12.30 pm, have a self-sponsored lunch and enjoy the landscape from the Kemmangundi peak.
6. Make the climb down to base at 2 pm and make a stopover at the waterfall by 2.30 pm.
7. Relax and have fun near the waterfall for an hour before heading back to base at 3.30 pm.
8. Reach the base at 4.30 pm have snacks and tea before heading back to the homestay.
9. Depart for Bangalore by 7 pm and on the way visit Belur Historical Temple.
Things to Carry:
1. A change of clothes (if you would like to swim at the waterfall)
2. Drinking water for the trek
3. A strong and secure backpack
4. Insect repellent, sunscreen and moisturizer
5. Cap and sunglasses (optional)
6. Energy bars and dry fruits (optional)
7. Camera and binoculars (optional)
8. Sweater and jacket (if trekking in winter)
Inclusions & Exclusions:
The trek package includes the following:
1. Fee for trek guides
2. Homestay and meals
3. Transportation (bus to Kemmanagundi and back to Bangalore)
4. First-aid support
The trek package does not include the following:
2. Self-sponsored meals
3. Anything not mentioned in the inclusions section
Disclaimer: The information about the trek here is general. We request the trekkers refer to the details on the specific Event / Trek Booking page for specific detail.
Best Time To Visit:
For an amazing experience, the best time to go trekking in Kemmangundi is from November to December. The weather is great and the experience of gazing and trekking through misty mountains is mind blowing.
Kemmangundi Trek - Location:
Kemmangundi is close to Chikmagalur and it is located around 255 kilometres away from Bangalore. There are a couple of routes to take to Kemmangundi, but you would want to take the most convenient one which is the Bangalore-Tarikere route. If you are looking for a scenic route, drive through the Bangalore- Chikmagalur route.
3 Amazing Things to Do on the Kemmangundi Trek:
1. Visit the Hebbe Falls: Situated 13 kilometres away from Kemmangundi, visiting the scenic and gorgeous Hebbe Falls is something not to be missed. The falls are an amazing spot for relaxing and enjoying a good swim.
2. Walk through the Shankara Shola: On your way back from Kemmangundi, visit the Shankara Shola, which is a potato field. See how potatoes are cultivated and enjoy the scenic views around.
3. Camping: In and around Kemmngundi Hill there are campsites with great facilities such as bonfires and outdoor games. If you want to laze around, sit in your tent or gaze at the beautiful stars, this is a great activity.
1. Wear good and sturdy shoes for the trek, some parts of the trail can have rough terrain
2. Carry a strong and secure backpack
3. Make sure your belongings are safe at the homestay
4. Carry enough drinking water for the trek
5. Carry all of your prescribed medication
6. Follow the instructions of the trek guide.
Treks Similar to Kemmangundi Trek:
Explore some of the best spots for trekking near Bangalore. Below are similar treks:
- Ramanagara Trek
- Kudremukh Trek
- Skandagiri Trek
- Makalidurga Trek
- Savandurga Trek
- Kopatty Trek
- Sakleshpur Trek
- Nishani Motte Trek
- Mullayanagiri Trek
- Tadiandamol Trek
- Kodachadri Trek
- Anthargange Trek
- Sharavathi Trek
- Kotagiri Trek
- Kunti Betta Trek
- Bheemeshwari Trek
- Brahmagiri Trek
- Kurangani Trek
- Kemmangundi Trek
- Pushpagiri Trek
- Dudhsagar Trek
- Kundadri Trek
- Baba Budangiri Trek