Rocky terrains, lush greens, and even a waterfalls along the trail up to the peak, Prabalmachi offers great trekking experience for adventure lovers! The trek shows stunner views of the Prabalgad and Kalavantin Forts. The trek is also becoming one of the most sought trekking spots to watch fireflies during a night trek.
How to Reach:
1. By road: Drive to Shedung Phata Panvel and reach Thakurwadi village
2. By Trail: Reach Panvel station. From Panvel reach Thakurwadi by share-autos
1. Meet at Panvel, reach the base village Thakurwadi in an hour.
2. Refresh at the homestay and start the trek
3. A 3 hour trek will lead you to Prabalmachi Village.
4. Stay over for the night and enjoy the camping.
5. Next morning trek up to the Kalavantin peak
6. Breakfast at the top of the peak, with photography sessions, spot the Irshalgad, Ulhas River, Chanderi and more stunning surroundings and start the descend.
7. Two hour trek will trail down to Prabalmachi Village, halt for lunch.
8. Trek down to the base village, Thakurwadi.
9. Travel to Panvel, it takes about an hour.
10. Take a train back to Mumbai
Things to carry:
1. Trekking shoes
2. Warm clothes
3.Torch with spare batteries
4. Carry at least 3 Liters of water because there is no water source on the trek and more water if you are planning to campout.
5. Ponchos of you are trekking during the monsoon
6. Packed lunch / snacks for the trek.