It was a very cold night of December. Approximately a hundred people from Pune and some from Mumbai had gathered at our campsite. Our campsite is in Velhe Taluka of Pune District, at 70 kms, to southwest of the city. This area is a wonderful sight where there is very little light pollution.
100s of people have come here to see the most celebrated meteors shower. Kids, adults and even some senior citizens also had come for this event, which was organised by nisargshala. They gazed at the dark night sky all night long. Saw 100s of shooting stars, also saw many deep sky objects through telescope.
It was a wonderful event. At that time only I realized the need of making such activities more friendly and open to masses. So later when when Gaurav and me met, we discussed to create a platform where people who like star gazing, people who would develop interest for star gazing could come and explore the night sky.
So we have taken a decision to host star party, almost every month, near new moon. These star parties are going to on No Profit-No Loss basis. A nominal fees would be charged and anybody can take part in these parties.
Our next Star Party is scheduled on Saturday, May 4th, 2019.
Contact Hemant Vavale for registration. People who have registered only those will be allowed for star parties.
Star Gazing & Camping
@Nisargashala Campsite, Velhe, Pune.
On 4th May, (Saturday Night).
Time : Saturday eve. 7pm to 5am Sunday Morning
Did you ever wonder where you came from? Or where the Air we breath came from? Have you ever wondered what stars are made up of & how far away they are from us? If questions like these boggles your mind then join us to get the answers & Explore more.
Event Highlights: Jupiter, Saturn, Galaxies, Nebulae, Star Clusters etc. through Telescope & our Home The Milky Way Galaxy with our very Eyes.!
Session on Raashis, Nakshatras, Constellations.
Participation Fee: Rs. 400/- per individual.
Add On services like Dinner, Tent can be provided on prior request at extra cost.
It is requested to carry dinner and/or other eatables along with you as required. Tea will be served complimentary.
Important : Please Download the offline Google Map before leaving mobile network because, at campsite there is no network. Google Map link for Campsite location is provided below
Things to Carry : Shoes are mandatory, mattress/sheets to sit /relax, warm clothes (it is cold at Campsite even in Summer), drinking water.
Smoking and alcoholic drinks are strictly prohibited.
- Reach campsite any time before it gets dark
- Bring your own packed dinner with you.
- Bring mat to sit or to relax
- Bring pull overs or sweaters to protect from cold
- Some snacks
- Tea would be made at the campsite and offered.
- No flash lights are allowed once the program starts
- Smoking and consuming liquor is not allowed at the campsite
- Registration has to be done for individual or groups (everyone's name, age must be submitted), from the website booking page with Star-Party message.
- Morning tea would also be given.
- You can check out after tea in the morning.
- You can bring your telescope or binoculars
- We also have telescopes at the campsite
- Star gazing session would be taken by our experts
- You must carry identity card and there is going to be registration form you will need to sign once you reach the campsite.
- Make sure we dont disturb other campers at the campsite