Did you ever thought of traveling to a land of peace and harmony? A place where almost everyone is happy, satisfied and warm to travelers. It’s not a dream. Welcome to Bhutan - Land of Thunder Dragon.
DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for the ultimate backpacking trip to Bhutan.
- Excursion to Tiger’s nest, #Punakha Dzong and other famous monuments
- Ride through the heart throbbing valleys of Western Bhutan
- Wander in the remote villages
- Stimulate a new traveler inside you seeking for new landscapes and get transformed into a storyteller
9th June, #Sunday
14:00 - Reach Bagdogra airport and have Introduction. Later take jeep to Jaigaon. Some local snacks on the way
20:00 - Reach Jaigaon
10th June, #Monday
Walk past the border Gate to Phuentsholing. Be ready for immigration formalities before the office opens at 9AM.
We will reach Paro in evening. We are free to roam around the city. Get acquainted with places of Bhutan as the thrilling trip has just begun. Try some local restaurants food.
11th June, #Tuesday
Visit Paro Dzong, National Museum etc. The charming town of Paro lies on the banks of the Paro and remains one of the best Bhutanese towns to explore on foot.
After Lunch travel to Chelela pass. If the weather is clear then you can get excellent views from the Chelela pass.
12th June, #Wednesday
Visit the most famous place of Bhutan - Tiger’s nest and then the Kyichu Lhakhang. Tiger’s nest hangs on a precipitous cliff at 3,120 m elevation and about 900 m above the valley. The temple at the highest level has a frieze of Buddha. Each building has a balcony, which provides lovely views of the scenic Paro valley.
13th June, #Thursday
Visit Buddha Dordenma and nature trail at Thimphu.
Finish remaining immigration formalities in Thimphu office and then visit the textile museum.
Lunch at some new restaurant and then visit Tashichho Dzong, Memorial Chorten
14th June, #Friday
Travel to Punakha via Dochu La pass at 3050 meters. We will stop here to enjoy the Panoramic view of Eastern Himalayas. View the architecture of Druk Wangyal Lhakhang with 108 Stupas at Dochula. Later take a halt at Royal Botanical garden. Overnight at Punakha
15th June, #Saturday
Visit famous landmarks of Punakha like Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Nunnery, Punakha Dzong, Suspension bridge, Namgyal Chorten. Travel back to Thimphu in evening
16th June, #Sunday
In morning we can go for some more sightseeing in Thimphu or final shopping from Bhutan. In afternoon, travel back to Jaigaon.
17th June, Monday
Travel from Jaigaon to Bagdogra and then flight from Bagdogra in afternoon
- Virtually all expenses from Bagdogra
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
- Accommodation expenses
- Travel expenses in bus, jeep etc from Bagdogra onwards for the whole trip
- Entry charges at various monasteries and other places
- Travel guidance in Bhutan
- Basic fee does not include travel fare till Bagdogra
- Any exotic or expensive food, alcoholic drinks etc.
- Any personal expenditure.
Expectations from this trip:
- This is a backpacking trip and likely to be flexible. We may improvise the trip if needed
- Drinking alcohol is not allowed during trekking.
- You may drink or smoke on other days but not recommended. Please note that you need to pay 200% import duty on cigarettes you bring from India.
- Our daily schedule during the trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing, etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- On most of the days, we will wake up early to travel comfortably and enjoy the serenity of the morning. Though we may take rest in the latter part of the day
- Always respect the local people and their culture. We try to learn more from them about the place.