Did you visit Dudhsagar last year? Now let's visit something even mightier. Jog falls is the most spectacular waterfall of Western ghats. With a plunge of 830 feet, it is the second-highest waterfall of India; the highest waterfall being the Nohkalikai falls in Meghalaya.
Want to add some spice in the itinerary? We will travel through ghats to reach this place and stay in a homestay surrounded by greenery and a garden of supari and cashew plantations at the backside.
Murudeshwar is famous for the world's second-tallest Shiva statue. The town lies on the coast of the Arabian Sea and the temple is visible from a long distance.
15:20 - Catch 12619 Matsyagandha Express from LTT, Thane-15:45, Panvel-16:20
05:30 - Reach Honnavar and get into the bus for jog falls. Enjoy the scenic drive through ghats. We will take breaks for breakfast, photography at hanging bridge etc.
09:30 - Reach Jog falls and enjoys the scenery till afternoon. Have lunch in-between.
16:00 - Visit the Padmavati temple located deep inside the forest.
19:00 - Enjoy the light and music show
20:00 - Overnight at a homestay which is situated in front of a lake and surrounded by thick green foliage. Have dinner and masti.
05:00 - Get up early if you want to enjoy the morning mist of the Sharavathi region. We can go for a walk around the village and explore the unseen trails.
09:00 - Have to breakfast and then bid goodbye to our caretakers.
11:30 - Reach Murudeshwara and see the second tallest statue of Lord Shiva. It looks magnificent with the roaring sea in the background.
14:00 - Lunch
16:00 - Catch 12620 Matsyagandha Express from #Murudeshwar Station
06:30 - Reach LTT (Panvel-05:15, Thane-05:55)
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Honnavar Station to Jog falls and back to Murudeshwar in a private bus or jeep
- All food and refreshments from Honnavar to Murudeshwar (i.e. excluding train)
- Accommodation in a homestay with hot water facility
- Entry Charges at Jog Falls
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets
- Bottled water/ cold drinks during the trip
- Boating charges near the hanging bridge (if we get time)
- Anything not mentioned in Includes
Things to be carried:
- At least 1-litre personal reusable water bottle (compulsory, all-time in your bag)
- An extra pair of dry clothes. Heavy rains are expected in this region
- Plastic bags for dry items in your bag like clothes, electronics etc.
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets and fruits like pears, pomegranate, dates etc