or A playground of treks, tribes and tree bridges, the limestone plateaus of Meghalaya soar above the Brahmaputra River Delta in the North-east of India. Here the land is ruled by the forests that make up over 70% of the state's landscape - Its geography a treasure trove of biodiversity.
From the cave systems of Sohra (Cherrapunji) to the Living Root Bridges and numerous waterfalls scattered across the Khasi Hills there is an abundance of sights to see and immerse yourself in.
Join us on a trip to explore more about this as yet unspoilt north eastern state as we explore it's rivers , forests, culture and of course THE LIVING ROOT BRIDGES
Trip Plan :
- Day 1 - Explore Cherrapunjee.
- Day 2 - Explore Nokhalikai Falls (Tallest Plunge Waterfall) , trek down to Visit Wei Sawdong Waterfalls, drive to Arwa Caves
- Day 3 - Trek to the Double Decker Living Root Bridge, Camping at Nongriat
- Day 4 - Visit the Living root bridge at Riwai and explore the village of Mawlynnong, Camping on the River beach of Umngot.
- Day 5 - Explore river Umngot by boat, Zipline over the river, Camping on the River beach
- Day 6 - Trek to Krangshuri Falls, Proceed to Shilliong to explore the markets and local life, attractions
- Day 7 - Departure flights (Via Guwahati)
Contact us for information on the detailed Itinerary and price.