Have you ever trekked to the top of a mountain taking a waterfall trail? If not, here is a great chance for you. Join us for a beautiful visapur fort trek.
Visapur trek is a single trek with multiple trails to offer be it walk through dense Jungle trails, or across grassland with clouds, slippery and muddy trails, rock-cut stairs or going through waterfalls. There are three ways to cover visapur fort trek.
1. Gaimukh khind trails
2. Bhaje caves trails
3. The Patan Village Trails
With an eventfully historic back-story and an unmatched view of nature at its best, the Visapur fort is indeed a treat for all- history buffs, adventure mongers and nature enthusiasts. Visapur fort offers breathtaking views of the surroundings including Tikona Fort, Tung Fort, Lohagad Fort, and the Pawna Lake.
Places of interest:
Well, the entire trek has a lot to offer in terms of scenic views, especially in monsoon. If you decide to take a tour of the entire boundary of the fort it takes at least 2 hours at an average speed. Still, a few places of interest would be:
1. Huge chiseled image of Maruti out of the rock.
2. Rock cut caves to amaze you
3. Hugh horse-driven floor mill with grinding stone in place
4. Bhaje Caves
5. A few scattered cannons and numerous water cisterns.
6. Hanuman Mandir etc.
Easy to Moderate (Via Patan Village Route)
6-7 Hrs (Including ascend, descend and time spend on top)
Things to Carry:
- At least 2 lts of water per person, as there is no water available on this route. (Carry 1 ltr of Glucon-D mixed water).
- Trekking shoes with good grip is must as in monsoon trails get very slippery
- Since you will be tired by the time you reach the fort, (and we plan to spend time there), carry some snacks (like dry fruits, chocolate bars, etc.)
- Raincoats or waterproof Jackets, Cap, full sleeves t-shirt and track pants (avoid Short pants)
- Carry a backpack with an extra pair of clothes.
6:00 to 6:10 AM - Meeting at Pune Station near Main get to platform no 1.
6:30 AM - Departure from Pune Lonavala Local Train. (If you miss this local then the only option is to join us at the malavli station with your pvt vehicle)
7:45 PM – Reach destination station,
8:00 to 8:30 AM – Morning tea and trek briefing.
8:30 AM - Starting trek via Patan village
8:30 to 11:30 AM – Trek to top of the fort via most scenic views of monsoon Greenland, dense forests trails, slippery rocks and walk through waterfalls.
11:30 AM to 1:30 PM - Let your camera work and capture amazing views of nature - photography time while roaming around the fort walls and checking various places of interest on the fort.
1:30 to 2:15 PM – Start descending from another side of fort (This route has its own beauty)
2:30 PM – Reach at Y junction to Lohagad-visapur forts and have some home-cooked Maharashtrian Lunch at local Dhaba.
3:30 PM further descend to Malavli station. (People who want to cover lohagad fort can start their ascend to fort all the details and information will be provided and if required guide one or two of our trek guides can join)
Cost: 750 per person.
• Travel Cost from Pune station to Pune Station.
• 1 morning Tea, 1 breakfast and 1 Lunch.
• Entry fees and other charges of similar nature.
• Trek Guides fees.
Cost does not include:
• Any insurance or emergency travel options
Note* If you miss the local train you have to arrange your own transport to reach the trek start point. The bike ride is a pleasant ride in this season so if you want to come by your own vehicle you need to inform in advance.