Join us on an exhilarating trek to a hidden ruined fort in Maharashtra.
This journey begins with a walk that passes through a small hamlet of the warli tribe.
The trail is decorated with beautiful wild flowers on both sides with rock cut steps, until we reach a plateau that also marks the midway spot.
At the plateau, one can observe several rock cut water cisterns. During peak monsoon season, the trail takes an adventurous turn as you find yourself walking through a stream flowing over rocks. Dreamy, isn’t it? So be ready to get your shoes wet.
Finally at the summit, one is gifted with panoramic views of Takmak fort, Asheri fort, Mahalaxmi pinnacle and the Vaitarna river.
This Trek is part of Jack’s Secret Series In order to host our outdoor trips responsibly and reduce the detrimental impact on the environment, we conduct secret treks & camps to undiscovered or lesser explored mountains that are grand in every sense.
By not disclosing the name of the location, the Secret Series helps us to ensure that we do not contribute to popularizing and over populating the few majestic locations in Maharashtra.
About the location : The fort is located 100 km north of Mumbai in Palghar district.. The summit is at a height of 1500 feet and dates back 800 years.
Difficulty level: -
The difficulty level of this trek is EASY
This means the ease of climbing up to the summit is Moderate,
Uphill is approx 2 hours of trekking while downhill is shorter. There will be stops during the trek for rest and rehydration.
If you haven't been for a trek, you should know that there is a lot of walking.
At every summit, you are welcomed to the most majestic views & at the end of every trek, you learn that you are taking back home lifetime memories
Trip Itinerary: -
- Meet at Borivali station ticket counter at 7:30am
- Board a dahanu bound train
- After we disembark, we stop by for breakfast and jump into a vehicle which will drop us right at the base village of the trek
- Soon be begin our trek upwards.
- We will take some halts in between for hydration.
- Once we reach the summit, we relax for a while and take in the scenic views of lush wilderness. - Have lunch and start our journey back to the base.
- We will have some tea and snacks and start our journey back to mumbai.
- Local transport from Mumbai to summit and back.
- Morning breakfast, hi-tea and evening snacks.
- Guidance by Certified Mountaineers trained at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering, Jammu & Kashmir.
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR), trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International, USA.
How to pack and prepare:
- Grab a small to medium sized bag and put in items mentioned in our Essentials list.
The less heavier your bag is, the easier your trek will be.
- 2-3 litres of water
- Packed lunch
- Snacks and munchies to keep you high on energy - Personal Identification
- Personal medication if any - (Please do let us know in advance about any medical conditions, if any)
A Sturdy Pair Of Shoes: - This is CRUCIAL as a bad pair could turn your trek into a nightmare. Check your shoes for possible wear and tear.
The Right Clothing: - T-shirt & shorts/full pants is ideal. Ensure that you are comfortable in what you choose to wear and that the material does not restrict your movement while trekking and climbing. Full clothing is recommended.
Trek Gyann / Attitude: Staying open minded, positive & faithful
A trek in the forest requires for one to stay positive and open minded at all times regardless of the situation. Mind you, this is not a picnic but a trek in the mountains. Mother nature could choose for the weather and environment to be tough or easy on us. However it is important for us to stay grounded and keep our heads over our shoulders, not panic and to keep confidence in the decision of the trek leaders.
50% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled before 5 days from the day of the event
100% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled after within 5 days from the day of event
To cancel your booking, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure we maintain a high standard of outdoor experiences with sufficient attention to safety, this trip is restricted to a limited group size.
Jack & Hill Adventures is a Mumbai-based adventure tourism company that creates outdoor & adventure experiences in & around Mumbai. Few of our activities are Sailing, Trekking, Camping, Mountain biking & Wildlife trails.