Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light. In this pre monsoon period, get ready to witness a phenomenon which will just put you in awe of nature. We are talking about the tiny little twinkling creatures, which come out in millions at night in a breathtaking phenomenon.
Ever imagined what it would be like to watch a million twinkling stars in the open sky above your head? Add a dash of a spectacular light show orchestrated by the humble fireflies. This extraordinary phenomenon is observed every year at the mid end of May till middle of the June.
Our Campsite located at Tekadwadi near Bhandardara middle into core zone of jungle. You can witness fireflies campsite itself also its private location surrounding with pabhargad, bhairavgad & ghanchakkar range.
- Grade:- Easy
- Cost: 1000/- (without travel and adventure activity) Google map location will share post booking confirmation. - Cost: 1400/- (Without travel and with adventure activity) Google map location will share post booking confirmation. - Cost: 1799/- (With travel and Adventure activities) Single point of contact will share post booking confirmation.
Include: - Jeep Travelling from-to Kasara (Only for with travel option) - Evening snacks, Dinner (Veg-Non veg), Bf/Tea. - Flying fox 350ft / Valley crossing 180ft / Burma bridge 60ft / Archery. (Only for with adventure activities option) - Tented accommodation on sharing basis. - Guide and Expertise Charges
Exclude: - Personal Expenses - Anything which is not mentioned in inclusion - Medical/Insurance - Mineral/Bottled water
Some Important Notes-
- Alcohol/Drugs Consumption strictly not allowed if observed organizers will boycott such individual or group. - If there will be heavy rain then we have to move villagers house with entire group. - This is a natural activity. Fireflies are best seen just before arrival of monsoon, if rain has showered before spotting a good number of fireflies cannot be guaranteed. - unpredictable rain showing as location into jungle area surrounding in mountain range. If tent and bedding gets drenched then have to keep rest in villagers house.
- The itinerary for the trek will be as follows:
- Meeting Point Kasara Railway Station 14.00pm on Saturday (We will be back to Mumbai by Sunday 13:30 PM tentatively.)
- Catch Karjat train from your respective station as per schedule on Saturday
- Mumbai CST: – 11.46am - Dadar: – 11.59am - Ghatkopar: – 12.10pm - Thane: – 12.26pm - Kalyan: – 12.48pm - Kasara: – 13.58pm - (Do not Miss the train as if there will be no refund will entertain)
Saturday: - 14:00 Regroup at Kasara railway station waiver from submission & proceed to base via jeep - 14:15 In route halt for tea & washroom (strict 15min) post proceed to base village - 16:30 Reach village & tent allotment have tea / snacks (Without travel / Own driving can reach camp by same time) - 18:30 You can enjoy Flying fox 350ft / Valley crossing (one attempt each only for with adventure activity booking) - 19:00 Campfire / Music lights will be off by 19.30pm - 20:00 You can witness fireflies surrounding jungle by walking. - 21:15 Back to camp have dinner post Campfire and fun continues till mid night. - 22:15 Once again will visit surrounding for fireflies retire of the day by 01.00am
Sunday: - 07:30 Next day wake-up call followed by bf/tea - 08:30 Flying fox 350ft / Valley crossing (One attempt each who cannot able to do on day before. only for with adventure activity booking) - 10:00 Post Check out from camp & travel back by jeep - 12:30 Reach Kasara and catch respective train event end with happy memories.
Things to carry: - Haversack or Bag - ID Card - Good Grip shoes while trek - Drinking Water min. 2 ltr. - Headlamp or torch - Extra pair of cloths - Sleeping Bag or chaddar - Ready eat food like plum cake, Biscuit, fruits Glucon-D or electrolyte. - Personal Medicine if any. - Eye-wear & Cap/Hat - Raincoat or umbrella