Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Carrying or consuming alcohol and addictive substance is strictly prohibited in the trek. If caught, you will be expelled from the group without any further discussions or refund.
DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for a mind-soothing trek to Bhimashankar via the Ganesh ghat route. There are two main trek routes to Bhimashankar Ganesh ghat and Seeri ghat. Ganesh ghat passes through tranquil forests of Bhimashankar. There are several waterfalls and lush green landscape on this route
Grade: Medium. You need to walk 25kms. It is not a flat trail but uphill and downhill through the forest.
20:00 - Take 20:03 slow local to Karjat from Thane Platform no.3. You can also board this train from any stations on the way. Alternatively, you can take 19:55 Karjat fast from CST. People coming from Pune can take express trains halting at Karjat.
21:45 - Reach Karjat. This is the actual meeting point.
23:30 - Reach Khandas by Jeep. Have Introduction and then sleep for few hours in village home.
05:00 - Start trekking towards Bhimashankar.
07:00 - Enjoy the waterfalls on the route. We will have packed breakfast on the way.
11:30 - Reach Bhimashankar, have lunch and get darshan in the temple.
13:00 - Start descending.
17:30 - Reach ganeshghat and move to Karjat in a jeep and take the next local
20:30 - Reach Mumbai
- Travel from Karjat to base village and back in a Jeep
- Forest entry charges in Bhimashankar region
- Night Accommodation in a village home
- Breakfast, tea, and refreshments
- Guidance and expertise charges.
- Tickets till Karjat Station
- #Dinner on Saturday night
- Bottled water/cold drinks
- Anything not mentioned in includes
Things to carry:
- At least 2-liter water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Torches (other than mobile)
- Sleeping material like roll mat and blankets (can be left in the base village)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Adequate rain protection for yourself and bag
- We appreciate participants who bring healthy foods like juices, dry fruits, Enerzal Powder, Energy bars etc.
- A haversack to put everything. Sling bag not allowed in trek