Event Name: Harishchandragad Night Trek Fireflies & Clouds Special
Meeting point:- kasara station
Date: 01st & 02nd June 2019
Endurance: Medium / Grade: Easy
Type: Trek / Fireflies / Indravajra
Live the life at the edge of cliff..4000ft altitude...Misty clouds...Billions of twinkling stars...Fireflies...Indrawajra...Campfire...Stories & many more at Harishchandragad Paradise of trekkers.
In this pre-monsoon period, get ready to witness a phenomenon which will just put you in awe of nature. We are talking about the tiny little twinkling creatures, who come out in millions at night in a breathtaking phenomenon. Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Ever imagined what it would be like to watch a million twinkling stars in the open sky above your head? Add a dash of a spectacular light show orchestrated by the humble fireflies.
Imagine yourself on the ridge in above of misty cloud and your shadow on the clouds hallowed by rainbow rings that's the indravajra...
The natural phenomenon appears when a low sun is behind a climber who is looking downwards into the misty cloud from a ridge. It is produced, when light refracts from water droplets in the cloud like a rainbow, Harishchandragad is one of the few places in the world where you could be lucky to see this broken specter called Indravajra in the pre-monsoon period.
-- Meeting Point Kasara Railway Station ticket counter on 1st June 2019 Evening 18:30 pm, we will be back to Mumbai by 18:00 pm tentatively.
-- Catch below Kasara train on 1st June 2019 from your respective station timetable given below,
(Do not miss the train as there is no alternative available afterward and you're unable to join the event.)
- Waiver Form Submission & board jeep We will take 10 min halt at dhaba for tea/light snacks & washroom. - Enjoy cozy cold night drive for next 1.5hr - Halt at Bhandardara/Mutkhel in route for witness/photos of fireflies. - Back again drive of 3hrs reach Village Paachnai by early morning 04.00am - Quick refresh yourself, post short brief we will start to trek immediately by 04.30am - 2 hrs of hike reach Kedareshwar caves area from here we proceed kokankada direct. - Visit Kokankada for premonsoon cloud movement & Witness of Indrawajra - Post have bf/tea and refreshment, we will start our descend by 09.30am - Reach Paachnai in next 2hrs Have lunch post we will travel to Kasara by the same vehicle by 14.00pm - Reach Kasara Tentative 17.30pm Catch your respective train & Trek end with Happy Memories.
- Traveling from Kasara to Kasara
- 1 Lunch (Veg Basic Village Food)
- Guide and Expertise Charges.
Exclude: - Personal Expenses. - Sleeping Bag / Bedding - Anything which is not mentioned in inclusion. - Medical / Insurance.
- Sat Dinner
Things to carry:
- Rucksack or bag to carry all things (Compulsory)
- ID Card
- Extra pair of clothes if required by you.
- 2 Chaddar
- Some ready eat food like plum cake, biscuits, fruits Paratha/Thepala/Boiled Eggs/Dates Etc. (Compulsory)
- Glucon-D or Electrolytes (Compulsory)
- Drinking water min 2ltr
- Personal medicine if any
- Headlamp or Torch (Compulsory)
- Good grip shoes (Compulsory) (floaters are not allowed)