Peb Fort / Vikatgad Fort is a fort located 19km from Karjat, in Raigad district, of Maharashtra. This fort is in continuation with the Malang gad, Tauli Hill and Chanderi fort of the Matheran Hill Range. Vikatgad is a favorite destination for the one day trekkers. The trek path to Vikatgad is long deep ravines and cliffs. A large number of trekkers come on weekends.
Very less history about this fort is available. This fort got the name from Pebi Devi goddess. This fort has storerooms for storing food grains and ammunition. This fort was visited by Captain Dickinson in 1818
Height: 2100 Fit
We’ll be boarding the below train from the nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
06:10 Am CST
06:18 Am Byculla
06:24 Am Dadar
06:31 Am Kurla
06:35 Am Ghatkopar
06:49 Am Thane
07:02 Am Dombivli
07:13 Am Kalyan
07:25 Am Ambernath
07:41 Am Vangani
07:45 Am Shelu
07:49 Am Neral
(If you miss the train you miss the trek so make sure you are on time to catch the train.) catch the same local train and meet at Neral station 07.50.
Kindly buy karjat local Train return tickets on your own.
7:50 am Meeting at Neral station
Tea & Breakfast at Neral Introduction Round
9:30 am trek will start
12:00 pm Reach Peb Devi Temple
01:30 pm Have Lunch & Start Descending
4:30 pm Reach Neral Station
Catch the train from Neral.
Reach Dadar by 6.30 pm
Things to carry
• Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
• 2 Liters of water must
• Good trekking shoes
• Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
• Cap, Camera as Optional
• 1 packet of electrol, general, glucon-D
• Medications if required for individual
• Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
• And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
The cost per head includes the following.
• Breakfast in the morning
• Tea in the morning
• Local guidance
• First aid in case required
. Expertise fee
• Do read our terms and conditions before registration
• All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
• Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
• All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
• The preparatory guidelines provided for our events are for general information only and should not be treated as a substitute for professional supervision or advice.
• Not all exercise programs/trek/hiking/any event is suitable for everyone. You should consult your physician/ healthcare professional before embarking on any new regime. If you have an acute, chronic, or permanent medical condition; heart or lung disease; or if you are pregnant, nursing or elderly, these events are not advisable for you. If you have any joint pain like knee, shoulder, neck or back pain, some or all of these events are not advisable for you. If you choose to follow our program without consulting your physician, you are doing so at your own risk.
• It is always essential to warm up for a few minutes before beginning an exercise program/trek/hiking/any event. It is also required that a basic fitness test be conducted before deciding on the intensity of this event: The Flexibility and Cardio routines mentioned below may need to be modified for your particular requirement. The strength routines advised here do not mention the weight you will use for each event. The weight suitable for you; the repetitions and sets of each event that you will perform; your form and posture in the event; and the exercise progressions that you will make are all important variables to prevent injuries.
• Determining these remain your responsibility and you may consider taking professional help to guide you.
• We cannot be held responsible for any injuries/harm/mishaps/accidents/loss/deaths which may occur as a result of these events.