Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba, and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lakes and the highest mountains in Sahyadris, it indeed looks very much lost in time. The fort is about 2000 years old.
Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called 'Nedhe' or 'Eye of the Needle'. The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan, and Trimbak. It also has many wells on the top.
Ratangad was captured by Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle. The base village Ratanwadi has an Amruteshwar temple which is famous for its carvings. The fort is origin for the river Pravara/Amrutvahini. The Bhandardara dam(arthar dam) is built on this river.
The main attraction at Ratanwadi is the Amruteshwar temple dating back to the Hemadpant Era - roughly from the eighth century
Attractions: - 1,200-year-old Hemadpanti Amruteshwar Temple - Sunrise from the Peak - Jewel of forts - View of Bhandardara - Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek
Region: Bhandardara When: 15th December 2019 (Sunday) ___________________________________________
Trek Information: Elevation: 4225 ft Difficulty: Moderate Endurance: medium Trek distance: 14 km (approx) Time required: 2.5 hours (one way) Suitable for: Beginners to professionals ___________________________________________
Please note: People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Ratangad Trek, no refund will be provided.
For Mumbai: We will be back to Kasara railway station by 06:00 pm on 15th December 2019 (Sunday) ___________________________________________
Itinerary: - 05:30 am Reach base village. - Group introduction & briefing about the trek - Have breakfast at a local home. - 06:30 am Start trek - 09:00 am Reach the top. Explore. - 11:00 am Start descending - 02:00 pm Reach base - Have local lunch - Wrap up & start return journey with amazing memories - 06:00 pm Reach Kasara railway station - 09:00 pm Reach Pune
(Above mentioned timings are tentative.) ___________________________________________
Cost includes: Transport by non-AC private vehicle - From Kasara Railway Station Meal (veg) - 1 Breakfast + tea - Lunch Expertise charges Basic First Aid
Excludes: Anything that is not mentioned in the includes section ___________________________________________
THINGS TO CARRY
THINGS TO CARRY
A big smile
Identity proof (must)
2 liters of Water (must)
Good trekking shoes (must)
Torch with Extra batteries (must)
Please carry personal sleeping material (mat) or sleeping bags or two bedsheets (one for bedding and one for covering) (must)
Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Carry enough snacks. Some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits, chikki, dry fruits, gul poli, boiled eggs, thepla, Paratha, etc. Avoid dried and salty items
DRY bag for your garbage
Cap, Rain cheater, poncho (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet (in monsoon)
Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes
Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
Electoral or Glucon D powder or ORS
Personal medicines if you need any.
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking.
1. Smoking, drinking alcohol, chewing tobacco is strictly prohibited throughout the trip.
2. These forests and environments are a symbol of pride for all of us. Hence, no littering of trash.
3. No Risky Selfies are allowed. Organizers reserve the right to decide which act/ photo pose is risky.
4. Listening to Music on Bluetooth speakers is not allowed as it disturbs the nearby ecosystem.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure-hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Trekking is a specialist activity do not consider this as a picnic.
7. Feeding to wild animals is prohibited
Terms and conditions:
1. I am willfully coming to the trek organized by "Dhyas Sahyadri"; "Dhyas Sahyadri" and its organizers shall not be responsible for any mishap, injury during the entire trip. Also, they are not responsible for the loss of my personal belongings.
2. I promise not to smoke, chew tobacco, drink alcohol during the entire trip.
3. Organizers retain the authority to change, cancel the plan at any point in time and even without any prior notice.
4. Trek leader's decision will be final and binding.
5. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
6. Any adventure sports are prone to risk and injuries. You are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury. You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure, etc.) Natural calamity can happen & you agree that the organizer shall not be held responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances.
7. Climate/Weather is not in the hands of anyone of us. In the case of natural calamity, if organizers decide to change or cancel the plan, I am ok with it.
8. First aid, only if required, can be provided by Dhyas Sahyadri. For fatal injuries if any, we can at max hospitalize the individual to the nearest hospital. Its cost, however, has to be borne by the individual.
9. We are not responsible for any kind of Loss or Damage done to an individual or their belongings.
Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.