Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for yet another marvelous but lesser-explored fort of Maharashtra. The 4 hours hike to Kohoj fort has all ingredients for a pleasant trek - small lakes, hills, plateaus, misty atmosphere, flora and fauna, remote hamlets. The two very peculiarly shaped pinnacles were the guiding lighthouse. The view from the top is mind-blowing. You can see Dheraj River, Bandre dam and Tak-Mak.
Grade: Easy (4 hrs ascend; 3 hrs descend)
23:00 - Assemble at Thane (East) near the ticket counter of platform 10A
23:15 - Start traveling on a bus
00:00 - Pickup from fountain Hotel on the western express highway (junction of Ghodbunder road) for people living in Western Line
02:00 - Reach base village. Have an introduction and briefing. Start trekking.
06:00 - Reach pinnacle and enjoy the sunrise
08:00 - Self-cooked breakfast
09:00 - Start descending
12:00 - Enjoy in the lake at the base
13:00 - Reach base village and have delicious homemade lunch
14:30 - Start traveling back to Thane via Versova
17:00 - Reach Thane
- Travel from Thane to base village and back on a bus
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- Expertise and guide charges
- Bottled water/cold drinks
- Anything not mentioned above
Things to carry:
- At least 2-liter water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Torches (other than mobile)
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in the trek
Recommended (not compulsory)
- An extra pair of clothes if you want to swim in a lake (can be left on the bus)
- A windproof jacket and winter cap
- A bedsheet or mat
- We appreciate people carrying healthy foods like fruits, dry fruits, Energy bars, etc.