The One Tree Hill Trek is one of the most exciting one day treks during the monsoon season in the Maharashtra.
This trek begins on a narrow trail that finds its base in paddy fields of a rustic village in Karjat, then soon passes through the lush forest of the Sahyadri mountains, and later climbs upward river running streams that induce an unknown state of wild happiness.
We must mention the vivid scenery and passing clouds that literally do pass right through you, as you scale upward to a height of 2600 ft.
The trek ends at a tiny hill on the southern tip of Matheran named One Tree Hill, a hill that bears only one tree.
About the location : Matheran is a hill station situated in the outskirts of Mumbai. It is a paradise for the Mumbaikars who are in search of peace, pollution free environment and some good adventure. Matheran has 28 points and One Tree Hill is one of them. It’s the most preferred route by trekkers and also the most adventurous one of them all. Here, you will find small trails surrounded by dense forest.
Difficulty level: -
The difficulty level of this trek is EASY to MODERATE
This means the ease of climbing up to the summit is Moderate. Participants must be mentally ready to walk for a few hours.
Uphill is approx 2.5 hours of trekking. There will be stops during the trek for rest and rehydration.
However, we believe that the best views come after the hardest climbs. The payoff is always equivalent to the effort.
At every summit, you are welcomed to the most majestic views & at the end of every trek, you learn that you are taking back home lifetime memories
Trip Itinerary: -
- We meet at CST Ticket Counter at 6.30 am
- From CST, we board a Karjat bound train
- Once we aggregate at Karjat station, we board a vehicle to the trek base
- Soon our trek begins and we stop by midway to open breakfast
- On arrival at the summit at One Tree Hill, soak in the pleasant environment and bask in the lush green sights of the Sahyadri Hills.
- We then proceed to grab lunch at a restaurant in Matheran
- After lunch, we board a vehicle that takes us to Neral Station
- From Neral, we get onto a Mumbai CST that should bring us back into the city between 8-9 pm.
- Expert Trek Guidance by Certified Mountaineers trained at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering, Jammu & Kashmir.
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR), trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International, USA.
- Local transport from Mumbai to summit and back.
- Lunch & Hi-tea
How to pack and prepare:
- Grab a small to medium sized bag and put in items mentioned in our Essentials list.
The less heavier your bag is, the easier your trek will be.
- 2-3 litres of water
- Snacks and munchies to keep you high on energy - Personal Identification
- Personal medication if any - (Please do let us know in advance about any medical conditions, if any)
A Sturdy Pair Of Shoes: - This is CRUCIAL as a bad pair could turn your trek into a nightmare. Check your shoes for possible wear and tear.
The Right Clothing: - T-shirt & shorts/full pants is ideal. Ensure that you are comfortable in what you choose to wear and that the material does not restrict your movement while trekking and climbing. Full clothing is recommended.
Meals: Lunch & Hi-Tea will be provided. Participants are expected to carry packed breakfast that can be consumed mid trek at a rest point.
Trek Gyann / Attitude: Staying open minded, positive & faithful
A trek in the forest requires for one to stay positive and open minded at all times regardless of the situation. Mind you, this is not a picnic but a trek in the mountains. Mother nature could choose for the weather and environment to be tough or easy on us. However it is important for us to stay grounded and keep our heads over our shoulders, not panic and to keep confidence in the decision of the trek leaders.
50% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled before 5 days from the trip
100% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled within 5 days from the day of trip
Jack & Hill Adventures is a Mumbai-based adventure tourism company that creates outdoor & adventure experiences in & around Mumbai. Few of our activities are Sailing, Trekking, Camping, Mountain biking & Wildlife trails.