Lohagad (Loha + gad) the name says it all. It’s the iron fort. One of the strongest forts of Sahyadris. Lohagad is a very widespread fort. There are 4 doors to Lohagad from the nearby village Lohgadwadi. i.e. ‘Ganesh Darwaja’, ‘Narayan Darwaja’, ‘Hanuman Darwaja’ and ‘Maha Darwaja’.
Some sculptures can also be seen on Maha Darwaja.
The famous spot on Lohagad is ‘Vinchu Kata’ – the Scorpion Tail.
Amazing view of Pawana Dam is also visible from the back side of Lohagad.
Day 01: Sunday 02 June 2019
• Mumbai people Catch Train -
• Pune people Catch Train -
09:00 AM: Travel to Bhaje by Private vehicles.
09:30 AM: Reach Bhaje Village and have breakfast.
10:30 AM: Trek starts.
12:00 PM: Reach the top & explore the fort.
01:30 PM: Start descend.
02:30 PM: Reach the base village and have lunch.
04:00 PM: Move to Malavli by Private vehicles.
06:00 PM: Reach Malavli Railway station and trek ends.
• Travel from Malavli to Malavli
• Lunch and Tea etc.
• Mineral Water/Cold Drinks.
• Anything that is not mentioned in "Inclusions" list.
THINGS TO CARRY :
• Identity Proof (must)
• Torch with an extra battery (must)
• A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters)
• Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits, etc.
• Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
• A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
• Extra pair of clothes, Sleeping Bag, Mat, Beddings, etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.