Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Welcome to Winter Season Star Gazing & Camping Under the Billions of Stars
Brahmand Darshan inviting you to join for Night Sky Gazing (Star Party) at Saphale, Tandulwadi Village. Come watch Astonishing World of Universe with us ! !!
Event Date: 15th February 2020 (Saturday Night)
Amateur & Novice Users can also join and take the opportunity to know the Night Sky and observe some of the deep sky objects like Planets, Nebulae's, Galaxies, Globular Cluster, Open Clusters, Double Stars and of course our Milky Way Galaxy, etc.. no prior knowledge of astronomy is necessary for them. Night Sky Orientation will be provided during the Event.
Participants are requested to reach the campsite by 6:00 pm. Sunset – 6:30 pm
Participants can depart from the camp-site, or hang around with us from informal discussion/talk/contact sharing Participants are free to observe all night or retire for a short sleep and join us again for observations. We greatly encourage informal interactions/discussions with us at any time during the night. We will answer (or try to be as close to your satisfaction as possible) all your questions. WE WILL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT TO FACILITATE THOSE WHO WISH TO STAY AWAKE AND OBSERVE THE NIGHT SKY WITH US.
• Travel Cost to-fro from Saphale Station to Site (If required 150/- PP Extra).
Instructions and Pointers
1. Carry enough warm clothing (particularly to keep your ears, body, and feet warm) like a scarf, sweaters, hood jackets, skull caps, shawls/sheets, Closed Shoes (mandatory). (Temp in Night will dip considerably 16-18 degree C).
2. We will be providing a tent with soft bedding and pullover, those who are not used to cold climate It is advisable to carry your own extra blanket and personal pillow.
3. We recommend that participants stock themselves with Light snacks (Biscuits, Chips & Chocolate and Personal Water bottle ½ Litre (Mandatory) - (Need to drink water regularly to avoid dehydration).
4. Carry a Small Torch (covered with Red Cellophane paper) with Extra pair of Batteries.
5. It is advisable to carry your personal medication (if any) and mosquito repellent cream.
6. All baggage’s to be wrapped in plastic bags to avoid getting wet (Dew).
7. For Astrophotography, the participant should bring in their own DSLR Camera, Tripod, Remote, Charger and Extra Battery.
8. It goes without saying that littering at the camp-site is not permissible and we will be making arrangements for garbage bin that can be put to their optimum use.
9. The participant is required to carry ID proof (e.g. PAN card, Driving License) for On-Site Camp Registration
Rules and Regulations:
While at the camp-site you (Participants) are requested to strictly adhere to the following rules:
1. Prior Registration is compulsory for all the participants.
2. Although the camp-site is secure with partial fencing, NO ONE should wander off the camp-site without intimating the organizers or without the organizer’s permission.
3. Use Site, Equipment’s and Tents with precaution’s – Any Damages to Tents will be recovered from Tent allocated participants/students (500/- Per Person)
4. The use of white small torch should be minimal, it should be covered with Red Cellophane paper for use in Night.
5. Please do respect the belongings of others at the campsite and avoid damaging any articles, tents, etc. Any Damage to Tent will be recovered from the participant.
6. The use of mobile phones and cameras with flash is to be minimal as possible or AS INSTRUCTED BY THE INSTRUCTORS / ORGANIZERS during the Observation Sessions.
7. Do not Flash Bright Torch or Camera Flash on others during Observation Sessions. HUMAN EYE requires 30 Minutes to completely adapt to the Dark Night Sky.
8. If you are carrying your own observation instrument like telescopes, binoculars, tripods stand Imaging equipment (DSLR Camera and accessories), etc., then you yourself are responsible for all your equipment.
9. Smoking and Drinking Alcohol is strictly prohibited at the Site. Drunken participants will be asked to leave the Site immediately. We strongly discourage you to consume alcohol in any form. The Organizers reserve the right to expel offending participants from the camp-site.
Name of Location: Sai Baba temple Nearest Village: Tandulwadi village Region & District: Saphale Distance from Saphale station: 7 KM approx. Distance from NH4 (Varai Naka): 12 KM approx. Distance from Ghodbunder: 45 Km approx.
VEGAS Township – Take Left at Varai Naka - NAVAZE - PARGAON - HP Petrol Pump - Vaitarna River Bridge - SAIRAJ HOTEL (Take Left) - Drive 1 KM - SAI Baba Mandir on Left Side (Tandulwadi Village).- Brahmand Darshan Site
Local Train Time-Table (Churchgate to Dahanu, via Saphale):