Garbutt Point is located near Matheran with a grand view of the plateau. The huge plateau gives a view to various waterfalls on the mountains. This place is also one of the top things to do in Matheran hill station and among most scenic places to visit near Mumbai.
Garbett to Matheran trekking is very famous for adventure lovers from Mumbai and Pune. The trek starts from Diksal village. After walking for 5 minutes one can see the fields and the mountains are lush green with waterfalls all around.
After crossing the stream, trekkers need to climb a steep hill till a nearby village. After a short steep climb from the village, one will reach the narrow Garbett plateau, which offers a panoramic view of the valley on both sides. From this plateau, a short steep ascend will lead to the Garbett Point
Some Information about Trek;
Height: 2625 Feet
Base Village: Diksal
We’ll be boarding the below train from the nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Karjat Fast Local
06:10 am CST
06:18 am Byculla
06:24 am Dadar
06:31 am Kurla
06:35 am Ghatkopar
06:49 am Thane
07:02 am Dombivli
07:13 am Kalyan
07:55 am Bhivpuri Road
Suppose you miss the train you will miss the trek. SO, make sure reach the nearest station before time.
Meeting Point: Bhivpuri Road Railway Station at 08:00 am
08:00 am Meet-up, freshen up, have breakfast with tea and gear up for the trek
08:30 am Start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
08:50 am Reach Dhom Lake, Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
09:00 am Continue with the traverse of the lake
12:30 pm Reach Garbett plateau, take some rest and then explore the surrounding,
15:30 pm start moving towards Dasturi Naka
04:00 pm Reach Neral station
06:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Things to carry
• Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
• 2 Liters of water must
• Good trekking shoes
• Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
• Cap, Camera as Optional
• 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
• Medications if required for individual
• Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
• And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / Jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
The cost per head includes the following.
• Breakfast in the morning
• Local guidance
• First aid in case required
• Mumbai Mountain Hikers
• All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
• Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
• All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
-Participants suffering from a chronic condition like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes, joint pain, fracture, ask advice to a family doctor before joining Trek/any adventure activity.
-Adventure activity (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Cycling) can be the reason for harmful/dangerous/Disability/ Death. In case of any misshape happening; Mumbai Mountain Hiker will not be responsible
-All participant should be careful about the bag and own things. If anything misplaced group leader/ Mumbai mountain Hiker will not be responsible.
-On the event, trek leader decision will be a final decision no argument will be entertain.