Rajmachi is one of the famous trek destinations in Sahyadri mountains and one of the favorite destinations for every trekker and beginners. Fort stands at a height of 2750 feet overlooking the Bhorghat Pass (a major old trade route during the Maratha empire).
This fort built by Shivaji in the 17th century. You can spend lots of time over the fort by exploring twin forts Manoranjan & Shrivardhan. Visit Bhairavnath Temple, Mahadev Temple & Rajmachi lake. There are 2 routes to reach Rajmachi, first from Lonavala and other being Karjat route. From Lonavala partly by jeep and then walk up to Udhewadi which is approximately 6 km.
Places of Interest:
Manoranjan Fort and Waterfalls
Difficulty level: Easy. Endurance level: Medium. Category: Trekking Duration: 01 Day Assembly Point for Pune: Lonavala Station Platform-1 ticket counter by 8:30 am. Assembly Point for Mumbai: Lonavala Station Platform-1 ticket counter by 8:30 am. Participants from other cities have to join the tour/trek from Lonavla.
Travelers from Mumbai/Pune are supposed to join us at Lonavala station (Platform no. 1) by 8:30 am.
Start jeep ride till Y fork junction Udhewadi and Valvand, breakfast.
From here trek to Rajmachi village.
Visit temples and lakes in the vicinity.
Visit Shrivardhan & Manaranjan.
Explore the remaining places till 3 pm. Lunch
Start trek towards Lonavala it will take 2 hrs 1 hr by Jeep.
Reach Lonavala station by 6-7 pm. We may come an hour early or late.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories.
· Transportation from Lonavala to Lonavla by jeep
· All veg meals on tour (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch).
· Tasty local food.
· Expertise & Guide Charges, Permits for the Trek.
· Basic First-Aid kit.
· Once in a lifetime experience with us.
· Cold drinks, mineral water, fast food articles, biscuits, etc.
· Anything not included in the what's included list.
Things to Carry
· Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in a plastic bag.
· Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks
· Water bottle (at least 2 ltr) compulsory
· Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal Medicine.
· A sweater/warm wear/rainwear. Wear comfortable clothing during treks (full sleeves).
· Good trekking/sports shoes (sandals, chappals, floaters not permitted).