The main characteristic of this fort is the strong fortification built on a large plateau, to make it one of the strongest forts. A large plateau of this size is found on many fewer forts. It is difficult to fire cannons on the fort due to its position. The long stretched ramparts fascinate us. On this same plateau, we can see a huge stone wheel. It was used for grinding the mixture of lime, jaggery & lead. The wheel was driven by bulls and is the big one of its kind.
Trek Package Includes
Traveling (Borivali & Thane to base village and return in Private Bus)
Morning Tea - Breakfast
Forest Entry Charges
Guide and Expertise Charges
Basic First Aid
27th July (Saturday)
11:15 PM:- Assemble at the Meeting point- Borivali
12.15 AM:- Pickup from Thane
12.30 AM:- Leave towards Base Village in Private Bus
4:30 AM:- Reach base Village and Get Fresh, Have Breakfast
5:30 AM:- Start Trek Towards fort
7:30 AM:- Reach Top and Explore
8:45 AM:- Start descending
11.30 AM:- Reach base village and have lunch
2:00 PM:- Start Return Journey to Mumbai
6:00 PM: Reach Mumbai
Note:- Above Itinerary is Tentative, Given only for Reference
Things to Carry
Min. 2 liters water
Ready to eat food (biscuits, chips)
Sweater or Raincoat
Good quality trekking shoes or sport shoes
Extra pair of clothes (Compulsory)
Energetic (ex. Glucon D)
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. (Please do not bring suitcases or sling bags/ jholas)
Please try to wear track pant and full sleeve T-shirt.....
1)Please Inform about your medical issue in advance.
2) Participants will be responsible for their own belongings and health issues.
3) Avoid wearing gold or other costly jewellery.
4) Smoking and Drinking are strictly prohibited.
Organisers are not going to tolerate such acts.
5) Keep in mind we are going for Trek, not for trip, so maintain discipline and follow the leaders instructions.
6) Trek leader's decision will be final and binding.
Explorer Holidays (organizers) reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
1) If you cancel your booking before 10 days - 90% amount Refundable.
2) If you cancel your booking before 7 days - 50% amount Refundable.
3) If you cancel your booking before 5 days - 0% amount Refundable