Heritage Photowalk - Vasai Fort, Thane - Mumbai with Mumbai Travelography & Focus Art Studio
Grab your camera, meet new peoples & enjoy a lovely walk through the Vasai village and witnessing The Bassein which is a blend of Portuguese architecture and rich history same time experience essence of native fishermen lifestyle and improve your photography skills with fellow photographers!
Vasai Fort ( Fort Bassein ) -
Vasai Fort, also known as the Fort Bassein or Fort Baçaim is a large fort in the town of Vasai, Thane. The fort is a major tourist attraction in the region for its Indo - Portuguese history.
Several watch-towers still stand, with safe staircases leading up. The Portuguese buildings inside the fort are in ruins, although there are enough standing walls to give a good idea of the floor plans of these structures. Some have well-preserved façades. In particular, many of the arches have weathered the years remarkably well. They are usually decorated with carved stones, some weathered beyond recognition, others still displaying sharp chisel marks.
Three chapels inside the fort are still recognisable. They have façades typical of 17th-century Portuguese churches. The southernmost of these has a well-preserved barrel-vaulted ceiling. Besides all the structures, tourists often also observe the nature that has taken over much of the fort. Butterflies, birds, plants and reptiles can all be observed.
The fort is also a popular shooting location for Bollywood movies and songs. The Bollywood hit ″Kambakkht Ishq″ from Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya is one of the Bollywood songs. Movies such as Josh, starring Shah Rukh Khan, and Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega have a number of scenes from the fort. Other films shot here include Khamoshi and Ram Gopal Verma's Aag. The fort was also one of the shooting locations for the international hit song 'Hymn for the Weekend' by British band Coldplay. The fort showcased at the start and in between is the Bassein Fort.
The video features Beyoncé and Indian actress Sonam Kapoor. The video has over 960 million views on YouTube as of July 2018, becoming the second most-viewed music video for Coldplay (after "Something Just Like This").
Any Camera Even A Cell Phone
So, are you ready?
WHAT: OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP FOR ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ENTHUSIAST
WHEN:Jan 19, 2020 Time - 8.00 am to 10.30 am
ASSEMBLY TIME: 7.45 am WALK START AT 8.00 am till 10.30 am.
ASSEMBLY Point:Shurveer Chimaji Appa Smarak at Vasai Fort
ENTRY FEES - 490/- per Person Limited Seats
Photography guidance by the Mumbai Travelography mentor.
A great historical place to try Wide Angle, Architecture, Street Photography
Things to Carry
Any Camera(Even Cell Phone), Charged Batteries, Memory Card,
Photowalk requires considerable walking, we suggest you wear comfortable footwear (Preferably Sports shoes or flat footwear).
Carry sufficient water and few energy bars or snacks.
Cost does not include:
Travel from your destination to assigned venue
Any kind of insurance, medical and/or emergency charges
Extra meals/beverages not mentioned in inclusions
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions above
Terms and Conditions:
- All payments are to be made in Indian Rupees (INR) and in advance.
- Charges for the event are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Charges for the event are indicative and likely to change depending on the customizations involved.
- Bookings for an event have to be made at least 12 hours before the start of the event.
- It is mandatory to carry an official Photo ID on the person and in original (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport).
- Mumbai Travelography will take a copy of the Photo ID at the start of the event for police verification purposes.
- Mumbai Travelography reserves the Right To Admission and Expulsion of the participant(s) to maintain law and order.
- A loss by any damage to property will have to be compensated for by the participant(s) responsible.
- Mumbai Travelography is not responsible for any unforeseen loss or injury or damage brought to a participant or his belongings.
- Smoking or consuming alcohol (without requisite permit and permission) is strictly prohibited during the event.
- All our Photography workshop are Eco-friendly, Do Not Litter.
By registering for the event, you undertake that you accept all conditions.