Night trek to Kothaligad with Mumbai Mountain Hikers
Kothligad is small Fort of Maharashtra. It is also known as Peth. It is height 3100ft. Kothaligad is situated in the east of Karjat on the road of Karjat-Murbad. There is a small temple and large cave at the base and a chimney-like a tunnel to the top of the fort. This pinnacle is carved from inside forming a staircase reaching the top. There is a tank of water(rock cut water cistern) at some distance from the cave and another one at the top of the fort. The stone is a single black expanse reaching till the Peth village standing on the fertile soil with abundant natural resources for water and farming. The cave and the temple carvings date back to the 13th century. Not much is known about history until the 18th century. In 1684 Aurangjeb sent Abdul Kadir and AlaiBiradkar to capture this fort. After a small skirmish, the fort was captured by Abdul Kadir. Aurangzeb honoured Abdul Kadir and renamed this fort as Miftah-ul-Fateh ( Key to success). Then later on, on 2 November 1817, it was recaptured by the Marathas under the leadership of Bapurao who was general of Bajirao Peshwa. The locals say that this is not actually a fort but a sort of lighthouse from where the directions were given to know the advancements of the enemy. In fact, it can be called a watchtower to keep a vigil on the Mawal area in the greater province of the Maratha.
Some Information about Trek;
Height: 3100 Feet
Base Village: Diksal
Khopoli Fast Local
09:58 pm CST
10:05 pm Byculla
10:11 pm Dadar
10:19 pm Kurla
10:23 pm Ghatkopar
10:39 pm Thane
10:51 pm Dombivli
11:02 pm Kalyan
11:36 pm Neral
11:43 pm Bhivpuri Road
11:53 pm Karjat
Suppose you miss the train you will miss the trek. SO, make sure reach the nearest station before time.
Meeting Point: Karjat Railway Station at 11:55 pm.
• 00:30 am Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for the trek
• 01:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
• 04:00 am Reach the top, take some rest and then explore the top with the dawn
• 06:30 am Post sunrise. we will start our descend
• 09:00 am Reach back to our base village. Freshen-up and have breakfast and tea
• 10:00 am Leave for Karjat Railway station
• 11:00 am Reach Karjat railway station
Things to carry
• Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
• 2 Litres of water must
• Torch with Extra Battery
• Bear Full sleeve T-shirt, trek pant and Jacket
• Sleeping bag/Bedsheet/Blanket
• Good trekking shoes
• Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
• Cap, Camera as Optional
• 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
• Medications if required for individual
• Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / Jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly
Includes the following
• Breakfast in the morning
• Tea in the morning
• Local guidance
• First aid in case required
• MMH administration charges
• All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
• Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
• All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
-Participants suffering from a chronic condition like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes, joint pain, fracture, ask advice to a family doctor before joining Trek/any adventure activity.
-Adventure activity (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Cycling) can be the reason for harmful/dangerous/Disability/ Death. In case of any misshape happing; Mumbai Mountain Hiker will not be responsible
-All participant should be careful about the bag and own things. If anything misplaced group leader/ Mumbai mountain Hiker will not be responsible.
-On the event, trek leader decision will be a final decision no argument will be entertain.
It is always essential to warm up for a few minutes before beginning an exercise program/trek/hiking/any event. It is also required that a basic fitness test be conducted before deciding on the intensity of this event: The Flexibility and Cardio routines mentioned below may need to be modified for your particular requirement. The strength routines advised here do not mention the weight you will use for each event. The weight suitable for you; the repetitions and sets of each event that you will perform; your form and posture in the event; and the exercise progressions that you will make are all important variables to prevent injuries.