Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
"A Nature Trail to Mumbai's Highest Point" is a trek to Jambulmal the highest point in Mumbai which is located in the core of Sanjay Gandhi National Park Borivali (E) above the Kanheri caves complex.
This nature trail will be led by Nikit Surve, the young and promising wildlife zoologist whose recent project in June 2015 on leopard census in SGNP made breaking news across the city.
'Jambulmal' is considered as the highest point in Mumbai at a staggering height of 468 meters (1535 ft) above sea level. Enveloped by dense forest in the core area of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the trail is 2.5km from the gate of Kanheri Caves.
This trail is ideal for beginner trekkers and wildlife enthusiasts. At the top of Jambulmal, one witnesses an absolutely amazing view of Tulsi and Vihar lakes along with a panoramic view of Powai to Dahisar.
With Nikita Surve's guidance and presence on this trail, one stands to experience and learn much in detail about the wondrous wildlife specifically in the SGNP forest. His deep understanding of the SGNP forest and its inhabitants will make this trail an enriching experience for any nature lover.
- Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park main gate at 7 AM.
- Meet and greet the team and other participants - Start the journey to Jambulmaal via vehicle
- Reach Kanheri Caves followed by the briefing about the trek
- Start the trek with bird watching, identifying flora and fauna en route
- Reach the summit by 10 am and indulge in the beauty of being on the highest point of Mumbai. - Feast on Breakfast
- Descend towards Kanheri caves and board our vehicle back - The trip ends by 12 - 1 pm.
Note: As per the pricing regulations of Archaeological Survey of India, Foreign Nationals will have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 300/-
This amount must be paid at the venue on arrival.
- Transportation by Vehicle (Taxi/bus) from SGNP main gate to and fro
- Main Gate Ticket, Kanheri Caves Ticket - Permissions & Special Ticket for entering the restricted Jambulmaal trail - Breakfast
- Wildlife Expert fee
- Certified Trek Expertise
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
The difficulty level of this trek is MEDIUM, however, this varies from person to person.
Most of the trek consists of wide trails; some patches have natural rock-cut steps and a few small boulders. Participants must be ready to walk uphill for a maximum of 2 and a half hours, downhill is about an hour. There will be stops during the trek for rest and rehydration.
If you haven't been for a trek, you should know that there is a lot of walking. Moderate treks begin to present more of a challenge to first-time trekkers. So these treks are suitable for any walker looking for something a little more challenging and energetic. However, we believe that the best views come after the hardest climbs. The payoff is always equivalent to the effort. At every summit, you are welcomed to the most majestic views & at the end of every trek, you learn that you are taking back home lifetime memories
How to Pack and prepare
- Rule no 1, Pack Light. The less heavy your bag is, the easier your trek will be
- Grab a Small to Medium sized "ONLY REALLY REALLY NEED’’
- To have a comfortable trek it’s best to stay hands-free
- This is CRUCIAL! a bad pair could turn your trek into a nightmare
- Trekking shoes are best and recommended, running shoes or canvas might be troublesome
- Check your shoes for possible wear and tear
- 2 liters of water - Snacks and munchies to keep you high on energy - Personal Identification - Personal medication if any (Please do let us know in advance about any medical conditions).
- Trekking gear is the best choice, sportswear is ideal too
- Full clothing is recommended to avoid itchiness from flora
- Jeans, saree is not recommended. Ensure that you are
comfortable in what you choose to wear and that the material does not restrict
your movement while hiking or climbing
Breakfast: Poha, Maggi for Veg and Egg-based breakfast for Non-Veg
Staying open-minded, positive & faithful
A trek in the forest requires for one to stay positive and open-minded at all times regardless of the situation. Mind you, this is not a picnic but a trek in the mountains. Mother Nature could choose for the weather and environment to be tough or easy on us. However, it is important for us to stay grounded and keep our heads over our shoulders, to not panic and to keep confidence in the decision of the trek leaders.
50% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is canceled before 6 pm on 2nd August
100% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is canceled after 6 pm on 2nd August