Sandhan Valley is a unique experience combining adventure activity such as Rappelling and staying amidst nature. Sandhan valley is a water-carved valley around 200 feet deep. Sandhan is located near beautiful Bhandardara region near a village called Samrad. Samrad village and Sandhan Valley is surrounded by Alang, Madan and Kulang Mountains.
Sandhan Valley trek starts from Samrad village. Total trek time is around 5 hours which includes rappelling and crossing pool of water. And deep gorges and one of its kinds of life experience which you feel at the end of the trek.
The Great Grand Dad of all Treks - The Valley of Shadows, Where you'll hardly get to see the sunlight, isolated from the outer world, dead silence, passing through those deep creepy ponds, lifeless rocks and boulders, Echoes of your own footsteps will make you feel like a presence of some entity, sleeping by the waterfall with the nocturnal creatures in sub-freezing temperature. You'll remember this 48 hours throughout your lifetime.
Duration - 2D,2N Height: 4100 ft. Grade: Above Medium with Thrilling Patches. Location: Bhandardara Region.
Itinerary· Day 1 -
DAY 01 - Friday Night
Catch the CST-Kasara train as per the timings mentioned.
10: 50 PM - CST
10: 57 PM - Byculla
11: 05 PM - Dadar
11: 13 PM - Kurla
11: 18 PM - Ghatkopar
11: 34 PM - Thane
11: 57 PM - Dombivali
12: 07 AM - Kalyan
01: 18 AM - Kasara
· Day 2 -
Day 2 Saturday
01:30 am - Meet our Team at Kasara St. And move towards the base village in Jeep.
03:30 am - Reach Base village, and take some rest
05:00 am - Wake up call, freshen up, gear up for the trek
05:30 am - Breakfast/tea to start our day.
06:30 am - Introduction round, brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event. Enjoy trekking; at a 4ft deep water patch approx. 30m length, descending on the rock patches, rappelling 50ft. down on a rock patch, etc. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
06:00 pm - Reach campsite. Refresh, relax and enjoy the sunset.
08.00 pm - Settle down for dinner followed by the campfire.
10:00 pm - Stories, sharing experiences, fun-filled chit-chats and lots more. Take rest for the day relaxing under the sky; watching stars.
· Day 3 -
Day 3 Sunday
05:00 am - Wake up, get fresh and have breakfast at the campsite
07:00 am - Start trekking towards Dehne in a cool pleasant morning to beat the heat.
09:30 am - Reach Dehne take some rest.
10:30 am - Move towards Asangaon in a private/public transport.
11:30 am - Catch Mumbai local from Asangaon railway station.
01:30 pm - Reach Mumbai with a promise to meet soon.
· Travel from Kasara to base village And Dehne village to Asangaon
· Day 1 breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
· Day 2 breakfast, Camping in Tent, Local guidance
· First aid.
· Tent Sharing (3/4]
· Transportation in jeeps.
Things To Carry
· Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Kasara/Samrad without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
· 3 Liters of water must.
· Good trekking shoes.
· Power bank optional
· Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
· Cap, Camera as Optional
· 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
· Medications if required for individual
· Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
· And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking.
· Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly
· This trek is generally very challenging physically. Each day can include walking for an extended period of 10 or more hours over a variety of terrain.
· Previous trekking experience highly recommended for all these trips
· Sandhan Valley trek via Samrad to Dehene is a high difficulty grade trek in the Sahyadri.
· The Sandhan Valley full-descend is just 2.5 kms long (up to campsite) but the time taken to finish it on a normal weekend is around 10 hours.
· It starts with a flat trail till you reach the opening of Sandhan Valley. Once you’re into Sandhan Valley, you will be descending through the valley for the entire duration.
· Most of the trekking here is descend.
· Travelers need to negotiate huge boulders. With the use of ropes and rock climbing, the level of difficulty is increased by a couple of notches.
· Guides are local Villagers who may not have a professional degree however are every experienced in guiding travellers through this trek.
· Toilet at the campsite answering the call of nature, well, in the environment doesn't have to be embarrassing or inconvenient
· Travelers are requested to reach on time so that they can take the first Jeep from Kasara.
· Please note that if the group travelers mutually decide to not proceed ahead in the trek, they may return back halfway however the complete itinerary will be changed. Tour operator may suggest real-time the best alternative possible.
· Kindly refrain from consuming alcohol or smoking during the activity.
· Travelers have to bring their own blankets.
· Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
· Company reserves all rights to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
· Proper footwear is essential for this activity.
· Telephonic confirmation is mandatory for those who wish to participate in the activity.
· Sleeveless, low neck, figure-hugging shirts/tops/skirt, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
· Wear comfortable clothes like track pants and t-shirts. Avoid wearing jeans. Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags on treks.
EventsHigh Specials, climbing, jeep, public transport, real time, trekking, sandhan valley, camping, water sports, concerts and shows, outdoors, adventure and sports, adventure activities, snorkeling, rock climbing,