Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for a #trip to the most beautiful and prominent destination of India, the high altitude deserts of Leh- Ladakh.
It is a land like no other, shrouded in myths and legends. Ladakh is bounded by two of the world's mightiest mountain ranges, the Great Himalaya and the Karakoram. A maze of enormously high snow-capped peaks and the largest glaciers dominate the terrain. Remote yet never isolated, this trans Himalayan land is a repository of a myriad cultural and religious influences from mainland India, Tibet and Central Asia.
- Drive to Leh on one of the most beautiful and scenic roads of the world, the Manali- Leh highway which crosses many high altitudes passes.
- Visit the highest motorable road in the world, Khardungla pass (18,300ft).
- Camp at the famous Pangong lake (shown in many movies including 3 idiots).
- Visit Nubra valley, the majestic Diskit monastery. See the rare double hump camels and natural sand dunes.
- Experience river rafting in the Zanskar river and it’s confluence with the Indus river.
- Magnetic hill where the illusion makes your car appear to be travelling uphill, against gravity.
- All for a budget like none other.
Day 0 (Friday)
Reach Delhi. Board Volvo bus to Manali in evening. Overnight bus journey.
Day 1 (Saturday); Actual trip starts here
Arrive at Manali early in the morning. We start our journey early in the morning to Keylong. The road goes through Rohtang pass and enters the Lahaul Valley. The rain shadowed region of #Himalayas begins here and landscape suddenly changes into dry and erred mountains. It’s a spectacular sight for six hours. Overnight stay at Keylong.
Day 2 (#Sunday)
We begin our journey to Leh early in the morning. We cross several high altitude passes. The landscape turns more and more beautiful at every turn. One cannot help but fall in love with the surrounding. We reach Leh in the afternoon and can roam around the markets in Leh.
Day 3 (#Monday)
Today we spend a day in Leh for acclimatization and sight seeing of the city. We will go to Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, which offers spectacular views of the Leh city from a great height. Later in afternoon, we drive to Shey palace and Theksay monastery.
Day 4 (#Tuesday)
Today we begin our journey to Nubra valley which takes us through the highest motorable road on earth - the scenic Khardungla pass. We shall reach the nubra valley by noon and visit the Diskit monastery and the natural sand dunes. We will get the opportunity to see the rare double humped camels here.
Day 5 (#Wednesday)
Today we drive back to Leh via Khardungla pass. We will reach by evening. Rest of the day can be spent relaxing.
Day 6 (#Thursday)
We start our journey to the famous Pangong lake, the same lake where the last part of movie 3 idiots was shot. The ever changing colors of the lake are due to the play of light, wind and the clouds. We will pass through Chang La pass, which is the third highest highest motorable road in the world. Night accommodation in comfortable tents.
Day 7 (#Friday)
Drive back to Leh via Chang La pass. We reach Leh by evening.
Day 8 (#Saturday)
We visit the magnetic hill. The illusion makes your car defy the laws of physics and seemingly travel uphill on road against gravity. Later we go for 14km river rafting in the Zanskar river. The rapids are exhilarating. Rafting ends where Zanskar meets the river Indus which is indeed a beautiful sight. We travel back to Leh at night.
Day 9 (Sunday)
Today we say our goodbyes to the beautiful town of Leh and begin our journey home. We catch a flight to our respective destination.
- Travel Manali- Leh in a private jeep
- Stay on triple sharing basis throughout the trip. (Extra cost for double sharing)
- Virtually all food during the trip
- Traveling throughout the trip in private jeep or traveler
- All necessary permits
- First aid expertise
- Travel to Manali and flight back from Leh to your respective home.
- Any kind of cold drinks/beverages/bottled water purchased for personal use.
- Medical insurance and Medical rescue, if needed.
- Any increase in the cost of accommodation or food caused by delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
Expectations from this trip:
- Mostly, you will be getting vegetarian food.
- Our daily schedule during the trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing, etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
- On most of the days, we will wake up early to travel comfortably and enjoy the serenity of the morning.
- Most of our decision will be based on a group’s opinion but the decision of group leader will be final.
- Smoking and drinking are discouraged and restricted. The group leader will not be responsible for any mishaps arising due to smoking and drinking at high altitudes.
Things to be carried
- Identity card
- Wind-proof Jacket and other warm clothes like sweater, muffler, gloves, etc. Temperature near zero can be expected
- Sport shoes or trekking shoes
- Two personal re-usable water bottles all the time in your bags
- An umbrella. Light drizzle can be expected.
- Personal medical kit, soap, paste, etc.
- Carry your luggage in a backpack. Avoid carrying side bags.
- A small bag to carry essential things while roaming. Ideally, it should fit inside your main luggage.
Recommended but not compulsory:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap, etc.
- One bedsheet
- Dry fruits, Energy bars, Green Tea, Electral Powder, etc.