Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Date – 29,30 June 2019
Duration - 1 Night 1 Day
Category - Trekking
Type - Hill Fort
Level - Easy
Height - 3100 ft.
Cost - 900/-
Meeting Place - Karjat Station
Meeting Time - 29 June 2019 - 11.30PM
The cave and the temple carvings date back to the 13th century. Not much is known about the history until the 18th century. In 1716, this cave was captured by the British. Then later on, on November 2, 1817, it was recaptured by the Marathas under the leadership of Bapurao who belonged to the generation after Bajirao. It was recaptured by the British, on December 30, 1817, the very next month, under Captain Brooks. The British had the fort till 1862 as an outpost for vigilance on the surrounding valley and the hills all around it.
The locals say that this is not actually a fort but a sort of lighthouse from where the directions were given to know the advancements of the enemy. In fact, it can be called a watch tower to keep a vigil on the Mawal area in the greater province of the Marathas.
Day 1st - Saturday
• 11.30PM - Meet karjat railway station and travel till base village ambivali by local transport
Note: Catch 09.26PM Train From CSMT - Karjat
Day 2nd - Sunday
• 12.45AM - Reach Base Village
• 01.00AM - Introduction
• 01.10AM - Night Trek till peth wadi
• 02.30AM - Reach Peth wadi, Rest time
•05.00AM - Good Morning
• 06.15AM - Trek Start After Breakfast
•07.45 AM - Reach Top, Enjoy the nature view
•09.30AM - Start Descend
•12.30PM - Reach Base Village Ambavali
•01.30PM - After lunch start return journey toward karjat
• Transportation from Karjat to Base Village & Return journey.
• Lunch Veg, Non-Veg
• Basic First-aid
• Mineral Water, Beverages, Anything not mentioned in the above inclusion list.
THINGS TO CARRY
• Identity Proof (must)
• Torch with an extra battery (must)
• A bottle of water (At least 1 Liters)
• Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits, etc.
• Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
• A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
• Extra pair of clothes, Rain Coat, Wind Cheater, etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands free while trekking.