Tikona is known as Vitandgad) is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. It is located near Kamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest to the fort is called Tikona-Peth. The 3500 ft. high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "triangle".
The fort is a trekking destination noted for the large doors, the temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev', a water tanks (seven water tanks) and some Satvahan caves. Trek organizers also commend the views of Pawna dam and the nearby forts of Tung, Lohagad, and Visapur. There is Pawana Lake at the summit.
Day 01: 09 June 2019
• Mumbai people Catch Train - INTERCITY EXPRESS 12127 - 06.40AM From CSMT
• Pune people Catch Train - 08.05AM Pune - Lonavala local Train .
*NOTE - Please make sure you reach 45 mins early to your respected boarding station, as there might be long queues for the tickets.
09:15 AM - Move forward to Kamshet by local train (Catch 09.35 AM Lonavala Pune Local from Platform No. 3)
10:00 AM - Move towards Base Village by Private Vehicle
10:30 AM - Reach Tikona Peth & have Breakfast
11:00 AM - Introduction, Briefing & Start the Ascend
12:00 PM - Reach the Top & Explore the Fort
12:30 PM - Start Descending
01:30 PM - Reach Base & have Lunch
03:00 PM - Move to Kamshet Station
Take Train to Reach Mumbai.
• Transportation from Kamshet to Tikona and return journey.
• Lunch Veg, Non-Veg
• First Aid
• Guide Charges
• Train tickets till Kamshet
• Mineral Water / Beverages
• Anything not mentioned in the above inclusion list
THINGS TO CARRY:
• Identity Proof (must)
• Torch with an extra battery (must)
• A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters)
• Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits, etc.
• Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
• A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
• Extra pair of clothes, Rain Coat, Wind Cheater, etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.