It is one of the most iconic forts of not just our state but also our country. It is known as the "Jewel of Forts"
It is revered to be one of the favourite treks amongst the trekking community. It stands almost 4.5K ft tall.
You must have guessed by now. We are indeed talking about RATANGAD!
Mt. Kalsubai now has become a bit mainstream and crowded because of its popularity. Not taking any credits away from any other treks, but if you want to experience REAL TREKKING, Ratangad is the place to be. It's ancient, unspoiled and blooming with an amazing variety of flora and fauna.
Presenting to you, a Junglee Special- An overnight trek to Ratangad!
Height: 4255 ft
Base Village: Ratanwadi
Type: Overnight trek
Dates: 19-20 Oct
Timings: Day 1, 17:00 - Day 2, 17:00
16:52: Board Kasara bound local train from CSMT. Feel free to board this train from any other station on the Central Line of your convenience.
19:18: Meet team Bhatakna outside the ticket window at Kasara Station and proceed to board private Jeeps.
23:00: Reach base village and have a tummy full of yummy local Maharashtrian food for dinner & freshen up for the night trek
00:30: Start the overnight trek to the top of Ratangad fort. Expect a thriller of a trek!
03:30: Reach the top and rest in the caves. Dont forget to get your shawls along, its gonna be cold out there :D
06:30: Wakey wakey! Get up and watch the sunrise from the top of the world. Have breakfast and proceed to explore the fort.
Right now, there's thousands and thousands of flowers blooming in full glory on the top of the fort making it an absolutely breathtaking sight!!
08:00: Start the descend.
10:30: Reach back to the base village and freshen up.
11:00: Commence the return journey to Kasara station
14:30: Reach Kasara station and board the local trains back to Mumbai
17:00: Reach Mumbai.
-- End of one of the best treks of your life --
DO NOT miss the train from your respective stations. If you miss the train, you might well miss the trek too! The group won't wait for latecomers.
- Travel in private jeeps from Kasara to base village and back
- Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast on Day 2
- Refreshments on Day 2 (Post trek)
- Entry, guide and expertise charges
- Bhatakna representative along with
-Basic first aid
- Any expenses not mentioned in the "Inclusions" part
- Personal expenses such as soft drinks, snacks etc
- Local train tickets to Kasara and back
- Lunch on Day 2
- Personal medications
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any emergency evacuations if required
Things to carry along:
- Trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes
- A shawl / Sleeping bag
- Some snacks/dry fruits to munch on throughout the trek
- Glucon D / Electrol powder / Sweets / Energy bars