Looking for a weekend getaway from Pune? Well, if you are a history lover and would love to take a stroll through aisles of ancient monuments as you savour natural surroundings, then the hill forts located in the close proximity of Pune should be on your bucket list. These hillforts not only provide its visitors with ancient legends but also soothe their nerves. If you are keen to explore one of these beautiful hill forts, then it is advisable to plan a tour of Rajgad fort. As it is located in the vicinity of Pune, it makes for a great weekend getaway amid historical aisles and natural lanes. Read on to know in detail about Rajgad Fort
The History And Surroundings Of Rajgad Fort
The fort is located in the Pune district of Maharashtra at an elevation of about 4600 ft, and hence over a period of time, it has become an idyllic stoppage for several trekkers, campers and history lovers. Even though the fort is believed to have been built several centuries ago in the early Medieval Period of India, it is mostly recognized for its relation with the Maratha Empire. As per records, this fort remained the capital of the Maratha Empire for more than 2 decades and it is the place where Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj stayed for the maximum number of days in the country. It is also the birthplace of Shivaji's son. In the early 19th century, the fort was captured by the British army. Therefore, it is of great historical and archaeological importance. However, on account of it being a hill fort blessed with lush green beauty, it is immensely popular amongst nature lovers. Today, the fort is visited by thousands of locals and offbeat travellers.
Rajgad Fort Camping & Trek Event Itinerary
Bus departure date and time: 13th December 2019
11:00 PM from Bhandup.
( Bhandup Pumping )
Pick up point:
Dadar 11:30 AM
Vashi 12:00 AM
Nerul 12:25 AM
Reach by 5.00 AM
Morning Refreshment at base village: 5.00 AM to 6.00 AM
Start trek by 6.00 AM
Reach at Padhmini machi by 9.30 AM
Rest: 9.30 AM to 10:00 AM
Lunch 2.30 PM to 3.30 PM
Sanjivnimachi Sunset(6.02 pm)
Back to camp side
Dinner at 8.30 PM
Good night 12.00 AM
Morning wakeup call 5.00 AM
Suyalaamachi Sunrise(7.03 am)
Back to camp side
Back to fort base village 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Lunch 1.00 PM to 2.00 PM
Start Return Journey
Things we provide :
• A/C Bus transportation.
• Tent (5 people in one tent)
• Sleeping bag
• History exploration
• First Aid kit
• Water bottle
• Energy drink (Buttermilk/lemon juice/Kokam juice)
• 2 Breakfasts
• 2 Lunch
• 2 Evening refreshment
• 1 Dinner
Things to carry :
• Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
• Personal Medication
• Good quality torch
• Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
• Toiletries (Napkin, face wash, tissue paper, etc.).
• Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has one's hands-free while trekking. (Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.)
Camera, Cap (Optional) Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season )
• Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
• Slippers (optional – at the end of day/trek so that your feet can relax).
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
• Pack your bags to save them from getting wet.
• The leader's decision will be final & binding to everyone until the completion of the trek.
•Alcohol is strictly not allowed on the trek.
• Smoking is not promoted but in case someone can't control it urges he/she should smoke away from the group & not without disturbing the trek schedule.
• Everyone is expected to follow safety protocols defined by the leaders.
•Leaders have been given the rights to take disciplinary actions up to the extent of removing participants.
. Polluting the trek route of the destination is strictly prohibited & any participant found doing so may have to face disciplinary action.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 days prior to the event date.
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 4 days.
No show - No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.