Frozen Zanskar River trek with most experienced team from Zanskar Village & "GreenWorld Explorers", The Chadar Trek or the Zanskar Gorge is a winter trail in the Zanskar region of Ladakh, in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Traditionally the only means of travel in the area during the harsh winter months. Its walls are near vertical cliffs up to 600 m high and the Zanskar River (a tributary of the Indus) is only 5 metres (16 ft) in places. The overall distance is approximately 105 kilometres. The best time to do the Chadar trek is January to February when the temperature during the winters drops sometimes to -30 to -35 degrees...
Even if you have zero trekking experience you can sign up for the trek. You need to be physically fit for a trek in high altitude. Endurance level should be equal to walking 10 rounds of football ground in freezing conditions.
Category: Hiking Terrain Grade : Medium Weather Conditions : Challenging Avg Temperature : -15°C to -30°C Max Altitude : 11,123ft (3400 meters) Duration : 8 Days & 8 Night Event Date : 20th - 27th Jan 2019 02nd - 08th Feb 2019
Initial meetup :
On reaching Leh airport you need to meet GreenWorld's team a specified hotel which is approx 10 min away from the airport . You may choose to reach earlier for sightseeing and shopping the additional stay will be charges extra. Accommodation in Leh will be arranged by us for one day prior to trek and one day after the trek. Next day you will be taken via bus to trek starting point and the trek will commence as mentioned in itinerary. After Trek completion you will be transported back to the hotel and next day you may choose to move back to your respective city.
Day 0 : 20th January,2019 Leh (Arrival) Stay in hotel / guesthouse will be provided by us.
Day 01 : 21st January Leh to Tilat Sumdo via Chilling (3 hours by road)- Transport via private vehicle will be provided. Hike to Campsite at Tilat Sumdo (3100 m) (02 km/1 hour) Tent, sleeping bag, Mat and hot water bottle to keep u warm.
Day 02 : 22 January Tilat Sumdo to Camp at Gyalpo (3170 m) (12 km/6 hours) Breakfast , Lunch, Dinner , Hot drinks, Tent, sleeping bag, Mat and hot water bottle to keep u warm.
Day 03 : 23 January Gyalpo to Dib Cave/Tibb (3225 m) We will have a bonfire session and special night photography
Day 04 : 24 January Dib Cave/Tibb to Camp at Naerak (3390 m) (10.5 km/7 hours)
Day 05 : 25 January Naerak to Tibb Cave
Day 06 : 26 January Tibb to Shingra Koma
Day 07 : 27 January Shingra Koma to Tilat Sumdo, and Drive to Leh
Things to Carry
Things to Carry
1. Backpack (Rucksack) (60 ltr -70ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps and back pack rain cover 2. Water Bottle and a metal flask that can be heated to melt ICE 3. Head Torch & with lots of Extra Batteries 4. Walking Stick
1. One Heavy Down Jacket (Ideally should be purchased in LEH) 2. Four pairs of full sleeve shirts 3. One Windproof Jacket 4. Three to Four trekking pants At least one of which should be Windproof & Waterproof 5. Two pairs of Thermal inners 6. One Woollen Hat (Ideally should be purchased in LEH) 7. Two Pair of Waterproof and Two pairs of Woollen Gloves (Ideally should be purchased in LEH) 8. Two Pair Woollen Socks & 4 pairs of Light Cotton Socks
1. Trekking Shoes suited for ICE 2. Gum Boots (Ideally should be purchased in LEH)
1. Sun Block and Balm for Lips 2. Sun Protection Cream & Moisturizer (SPF 40 and above) 3. Sun Glasses it should be U/V Protected 4. Toilet Kit (Toilet Paper) & Quick Dry Towels 5. Water Purifying Tablets
Ideal Medical/ First Aid Kit:
1) Crocin 2) Avomine 3) Avil 25mg 4) Diamox 5) Brufen 400 6) Combiflam 7) Disprin 8) Norflox 9) Spasmindon 10) Crepe bandage 3 -5 mts 11) Band aid 12) Gauze cloth 1 small roll 13) Digene 14) Leukoplast 1 small roll 15) Cotton 1 roll 16) ORS 5 packets 17) Betadine cream 18) Moov / similar spray 19) Dettol / Savlon
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
Zhanskar river leh ladakh
No reviews available
Write a review
Be the first one to review! Share your experience.