Monks on Wheels is taking you to the East Coast to revisit the French colonial history in the most beautiful French town in India, PONDICHERRY.
Pondicherry is a French colonized town located on the East coast of South India and it is just 310km from Bangalore. Also known as French Riviera of the Indian coast, the name Pondicherry or Puducherry means New Settlement. The town was the French settlement for more than 350 years and the breeze of French history is still felt in the streets of Pondicherry.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
Day 0 (Friday)
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 10 PM. (Please have a light dinner. We don't want you to starve!) 2) Our experienced organizers will keep you engaged with a fun ice breaker session, a great way to bond with your fellow travelers. 3) Next up? Good rest required for the experience in waiting!
Day 1 (Saturday)
1) Reach our homestay at Pondicherry in the morning to a steaming hot cup of coffee. 2) Freshen up and have a delicious, authentic breakfast. 3) Depart from homestay to reach the White Town (French Town). 4) Start the Heritage walk where the history of the colorful French colony is revealed. 5) Get ready to pose for those Insta pictures! as we visit the best architectural buildings- i) French governor Dupleix statue ii) Eglise de Notre dame Pondicherry iii) Aayi monument iv) Alliance Francaise de Pondicherry v) Lycee Francaise vi) Pondicherry museum vii) Circle de Pondicherry viii) Consulate General de France ix) Aurobindo Ashram x) and other streets of the French town.
6) Have a delightful lunch at Café Xtasi or a similar restaurant (Unlimited on food menu) 7) Visit the Lighthouse of Pondicherry for an aerial panoramic view of the town. 9) Enjoy your leisure time for the evening shopping and try out various cuisines in the town 10) Have a splendid Dinner (Self-Sponsored). 11) Return back to our homestay late at night. 12) Sleep like a baby in a comfortable twin sharing room.
1) Wake up to the sounds of nature 2) Drive to the pleasant Serenity beach for an amazing view of the sunrise. 3) Play and relax on the sandy beach. 4) Enjoy the morning breakfast. 5) Visit and understand the culture of the experimental township of Auroville 6) Have a lavish lunch at the famous Tanto restaurant (Unlimited on food menu) 7) Start the return journey to Bengaluru. Wait, did you think the fun was over!!? 8) Sing along, dance to good music and play interactive games on the way 9) Have sumptuous dinner at Murugan Idli shop (Unlimited on Food Menu) en route. 10) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the night (around 11 PM) with memories of a lifetime!
Note:- i) Heritage walk duration - 4 - 5 hrs iii) Comfortable accommodation will be in rooms on twin sharing basis.
We are sure you must be excited but hold on, are you wondering what the package includes? Answer - we've got everything you need to be covered for your 2-day vacation.
Inclusions of the trip:
1. All delicious meals: - 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch, and 1 dinner. 2. Comfortable accommodation in rooms on Twin Sharing with the attached bathroom. 3. An experienced guide charges for the Heritage Walk in the French Town. 4. Visit all historical places mentioned in the itinerary 5. Entry tickets for places during the heritage walk. 6. Visit Serenity beach for sunrise. 7. Visit Auroville 8. Visit the Pondicherry lighthouse. 9. Entry tickets for Auroville & Lighthouse. 10. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don't have any). 11. AC Transport with pushback seats to and fro Bengaluru 12. Inter-State Tax of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry for transport. 13. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to keep you entertained throughout the event. 14. GST (yes, we are honest like that!)
Exclusions:- Dinner on Day 1, Personal expenses and other things not mentioned above
Things to do in your leisure time: Taste French and Italian cuisines Taste French bakery items and chocolate café Shopping destination: Pondicherry is also a good shopping destination for handicrafts, locally made western outfits, leather products and some tasty chocolates.
Note: - 1) You have the option to make your own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the trip 2) Monks on Wheels trek leads will have radio communication devices as a part of safety measures. 3) Comfortable accommodation in rooms on Twin Sharing with the attached bathroom. 4) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, pick up points, time, etc will be provided. 5) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be canceled with a full refund. 6) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, roadblocks, etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
The surroundings around the Homestay will make you feel very close to Nature. We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
Things required for the event:- 1. Water bottles 2. Raincoat or Umbrella (in case it rains) 3. Torch 4. Personal Medical kit 5. Extra pair of clothing 6. One cover sheet or Garbage Bag (It's a trek hack, trust us.) 7. Carry bag 8. Jackets or sweaters 9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip) 10. Cap 11. Glucose 12. Sufficient cash
1. What type of venue will it be for the overnight stay? Whether accommodation will be separate for men and women? A: Monks on Wheels keeps certain quality standards where we provide venues like homestays or campsites that are good and hygienic with neat and clean washrooms. And yes, we always provide separate accommodation for men and women.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels? A: Monks on Wheels will be arranging an AC tempo traveler or a minibus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged? A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be pick up points be in Bengaluru? A: Monks on Wheels will be providing multiple picks up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming on our own transport arrangements? A: Once your registration is confirmed, Monks on Wheels shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for Monks on Wheels trips? A: Monks on Wheels do not restrict the age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you to contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these? A: These are group events open to all categories of people.
8. How safe is it for women travelers? A: Yes, It is completely safe for women travelers. Monks on Wheels events are done keeping certain standards and safety measures. We will always send a minimum of two trip organizers for all our events (many of them women trek leads).
9. What is the ratio of Men & Women in your events? A: Monks on Wheels usually have more women travelers joining our trips. However, sometimes the ratio will be almost equal.
10. Do you have women trek organizers in Monks on Wheels? A: Yes, in fact, most of Monks on Wheels trek leads are women.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded. 2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded. 3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made. 4. No refund will be made for any type of cancellation if partial payment is done.
EventsHigh Specials, heritage walk, public transport, france, history, alliance francaise de bangalore, state tax, table tennis, adventure and sports, sightseeing tours, outdoors, trekking, city walks and tours,