Self-defense is not a sport like Karate, Kung Fu, etc., which are now classified under sports category and so have rules, regulations, and restrictions.
In this workshop, we train in FIST or Fast Intensive Street Survival Training, which is a mix of easy to follow techniques designed for self-defense and street fight through mixed martial art forms like KravMaga, Silat and Wing Chun.
This workshop is not just about physical self-defense or mental toughness but also about creating an empowered individual who is confident of facing perpetrators and social taboos head-on.
The goal of this workshop is to introduce an individual to subjects that concern their personal safety; from sexual assaults to potentially abusive partners.
At the end of the program, the trainee would be empowered to predict, identify and avoid violent situations and the individuals who design and orchestrate them.
– Use of hands as a tool of defense.
– Use of legs as a tool of attack.
– Hand Strike.
– Defense against chokes.
– Defense against hair grabs – Front/Side/Back.
– Defense against bear hugs.
– Defense against bear hugs from behind.
– Understanding of vital points.
– Counter against slaps, pushing, shoving and groping.