Developed by Young-Scientist Please note that this is a kid-only workshop
Eligibility: Class V to VIII Nanotechnology is the future of material science. It's the use of materials and structures that are on the molecular scale. At this level of miniaturization, quantum mechanical effects play a prominent role and several strange phenomena can be witnessed. This is relevant in everyday life in the form of electronic gadgets, computers, medicines, etc.
This workshop aims to introduce the children to the exciting world of nanotechnology and its technologies. Activities and worksheets will be used to communicate the concepts.
Experiment: Scotch Tape Method of producing graphene Won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 2010
1) Understanding and comparing length scales - introduction to nanoscience. 2) Surface to Volume ratio - pros and cons 3) Discovery of graphene 4) Graphene and its properties. 5) The practical implications of the nanoworld.
Young-Scientist (YS) was founded in 2015 with the aim to make science simple and fun for children. It provides science enrichment programs that emphasize visual learning and employs hands-on activities.
Are you guys from IIT-Madras?
The YS team comprises of members from a varied background. The founder studied Chemistry in graduate school and built a career in the IT industry spanning two decades.
We have physics majors, chemistry enthusiasts, engineers, science lovers, retired professors, researchers and others in the team - united by our aim to make science accessible to all.
What else do you do besides science workshops?
We organize science camps and run science clubs in schools and apartments. We are passionate about education research and are constantly developing teaching tools, experiment kits, science curriculum, infographics, etc.
We also design YS Exploration Studio - a comprehensive science lab for schools.
I have registered for the workshop/camp. What happens next?
1. Upon successful registration, you'll receive an SMS notification and an email from EventsHigh which can serve as a ticket.
2. The contact number provided will be added to our WhatsApp group in a few days. If you don't have WhatsApp or use a different number for it, or if you haven't been added, please get in touch with us.
3. In addition to the instructions sent via the confirmation email from EventsHigh, we will be updating you on the event and the venue in the WhatsApp group.
4. After the workshop/event is over, a report will be posted in the group along with a link to the Google Photos album containing pictures from the session.
I won't be able to attend a workshop I registered for. What do I do?
Our policy does not allow for cancellation of registration. We request all to plan carefully before purchasing event tickets. If your circumstances are extenuating, please get in touch at least 2 days before the event date through email to submit your case. Our team will review and decide if we could help you. Your full or partial payment may be allowed to be used for a different workshop. Only when an event is cancelled by the organizer will a refund ever be provided.
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
IIT Madras Research Park No.32, Kanagam Rd, Kanagam Periyar Nagar, Taramani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600113.