Try something new by camping inside the Jungle with the Monks on Wheels. That's not all, we take a dip in the less explored waterfalls, visit 100-year-old Malgudi days house along with a beautiful Island visit on a boat ride.
Agumbe is awesome and Malpe beach is amazing. Get the best of both. Heres why?
A village located in the Shimoga district of Karnataka, Agumbe is about 360 km from Bangalore. Nestled in the bounty of the Malnad region, Agumbe is among the places in India that receive very heavy rainfall earning it the name- Cherrapunji of South. The charming town is also where the famed Malgudi Days was shot.
Malpe Beach of Karnataka is one of the unexplored beaches in India. Located at a distance of 66 kms from Mangalore and about 6 kms from Udupi, Malpe Beach is an undefiled virgin beach. The beach has a never-ending coastline, which is surrounded by three rocky islands on the western side and an ideal destination for a holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Warning: You are about to read the most exciting section, a signature hand-crafted, Monks On Wheels experience. This is for people who want to join for some true adventure and unique fun.
Itinerary for the Event:
Day 0 (Friday)
1) We say bye to Namma Bengaluru at around 10 PM. (Please have a light dinner. We don't want you to starve!) 2) Our experienced organizers will keep you engaged with a fun ice breaker session, a great way to bond with your fellow travelers. 3) Next up? Good rest required for the adventure is waiting!.
Day 1 (Saturday)
1) Reach the campsite at Agumbe in the morning to a steaming hot cup of coffee. 2) Freshen up and have a delicious, authentic breakfast. 3) Take a drive to the Hidden Koodluteertha Falls. 4) Trek (3 km) inside the thick forest to reach waterfalls. 5) Enjoy and play in the magnificent Koodluteertha waterfalls. 6) Regain energy by having yummy packed lunch. 7) Feel the nostalgia by visiting the Legendary Malgudi Days House 8) Return back to our campsite 9) Freshen up and gather around the campfire to tea and piping hot snacks (if weather permits). 10) Warm-up, indulge in activities, or dance the evening away, hosted by our fun-experts. 11) Dig into a traditional dinner which is unlimited! (Veg & Non-Veg) 12) Sleep like a baby at our overnight stay in tents.
Day 2 (Sunday)
1) Wake up to the sounds of the forest and enjoy early morning breakfast. 2) Start your journey to the wonderful Malpe Beach. 3) Enjoy coastal cuisines for Lunch at Seashells restaurant. (Unlimited on food menu) 4) Take an exciting boat ride to the famous St. Mary's Island. 5) Head to the Light House at Kapu Beach for a breath-taking view from the top. (If time permits) 3) Start the return journey to Bengaluru. Wait, did you think the fun was over!!? 4) Sing along, dance to good music and play interactive games on the way 5) Have sumptuous dinner (Unlimited on Food Menu) en route.
Day 3 (Monday)
1) Reach Namma Bengaluru in the morning (around 5 AM) with memories of a lifetime!
Note:- i) Trek Difficulty - Easy ii) Trek duration - 30 - 40 mins (One way) iii) Trek distance - 3 km (One Way) iv) Comfortable accommodation will be in tents on a sharing basis.
We are sure you must be excited but hold on, are you wondering what the package includes? Answer - weve got everything you need to be covered for your 2-day vacation.
Inclusions of the trip: 1. All delicious meals: - 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch, and 2 dinners. 2. Comfortable accommodation for one night in tents with a sleeping bag inside the Jungle. 3. Trek to the magnificent Koodluteertha Falls. 4. Visit the Legendary Malgudi Days House. 5. Boat ride charges to the famous St. Mary's Island. 6. Visit Light House in Kapu Beach. (If time permits) 7. Forest & other entry charges 8. Campfire** with snacks and other activities. 9. First Aid kit in case of emergencies. (We hope we don't have any). 10. AC Transport with pushback seats to and fro Bengaluru 11. 2 or more members of Monks on Wheels to keep you entertained throughout the event. 12. GST (yes, we are honest like that!)
Exclusions:- Personal expenses and other things not mentioned above
Now that you have decided to join the trip, congrats on the excellent choice! Monks on Wheels assures you a real experience in nature, distinctive value and finest quality in service.
Price per person: Rs. 5996/- (No Hidden Charges)
Note: - 1) You have the option to make your own transportation arrangements (car/bike/public transport) to join the event for which per person price: Rs.4196/- (No hidden charges) 2) Partial payment of Rs. 2500/- can be made to book your slot. Remaining amount to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip 3) Monks on Wheels trek leads will have radio communication devices as a part of safety measures. 4) Comfortable accommodation will be in tents on a sharing basis. 5) A Whatsapp group will be created 2-3 days before the event where all the necessary information like things to carry, pick up points, time, etc will be provided. 6) We need a minimum of 9 people to conduct the event or the event might be canceled with a full refund. 7) In an extremely rare scenario, due to unforeseen incidents like natural calamities, roadblocks, etc. or restrictions by the government or forest department, the itinerary might be changed/modified depending on the situation.
The surroundings around the Homestay will make you feel very close to Nature. We would like to reiterate & be understood that it is a no-frills nature retreat & not a luxury resort but you can definitely trust us to give you the most thrilling experience and the best premium hospitality.
Things required for the event:- 1. Water bottles 2. Raincoat or Umbrella (in case it rains) 3. Torch 4. Personal Medical kit 5. Extra pair of clothing 6. One cover sheet or Garbage Bag (Its a trek hack, trust us.) 7. Carry bag 8. Jackets or sweaters 9. Trek shoes (any shoes with good grip) 10. Cap 11. Glucose 12. Sufficient cash
1. What is Partial Payment? If partial payment is done, how to pay the remaining amount? A: Partial payment is an advance paid to block your slot for a particular event. The remaining amount of the event to be paid online/cash on the day of the trip.
2. What kind of transport will be arranged by Monks on Wheels? A: Monks on Wheels will be arranging an AC tempo traveler or a minibus depending on the group size.
3. From where will the transportation be arranged? A: The transport will be arranged from Bengaluru.
4. Where will be pick up points be in Bengaluru? A: Monks on Wheels will be providing multiple picks up points in Bengaluru and the same will be conveyed with timings 2-3 days before the event.
5. Where should we join, in case we are coming on our own transport arrangements? A: Once your registration is confirmed, Monks on Wheels shall provide the exact location of our venue 2-3 days before the event.
6. Is there any age limit for Monks on Wheels trips? A: Monks on Wheels do not restrict the age as each individual has their own capabilities. But we would strongly recommend you to contact us so that our travel expert can give you a better idea of the trip.
7. What kind of events are these? A: These are group events open to all categories of people.
8. How safe is it for women travelers? A: Yes, It is completely safe for women travelers. Monks on Wheels events are done keeping certain standards and safety measures. We will always send a minimum of two trip organizers for all our events (many of them women trek leads). For a better understanding of how we manage trips, read these reviews by our solo women travelers.
9. What is the ratio of Men & Women in your events? A: Monks on Wheels usually have more women travelers joining our trips. However, sometimes the ratio will be almost equal.
10. Do you have women trek organizers in Monks on Wheels? A: Yes, in fact, most of Monks on Wheels trek leads are women.
11. What type of venue will it be for the overnight stay? Whether accommodation will be separate for men and women? A: Monks on Wheels keeps certain quality standards where we provide venues like homestays or campsites that are good and hygienic with neat and clean washrooms. And yes, we always provide separate accommodation for men and women.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
1. If the notice is received more than 20 days prior to the event, 100% of the event amount paid will be refunded. 2. If the notice is received up to 20 days prior to the event, 50% of the event amount paid shall be refunded. 3. All cancellation requests made 5 days prior or on the day of the event, no refund will be made. 4. No refund will be made for any type of cancellation if partial payment is done.