Gir National Park with Girnar Trek and Somnath Temple
GIR NATIONAL PARK is the last remaining bastion of the Asiatic Lion. It also has the highest population of leopards compared to any other national park in India making it one of the best places in India to see the Big Cats. The Kameshwar Dam in the middle of the sanctuary is home to record population of marsh crocodiles. Other wildlife includes Chital (spotted dear), Nilgai (Blue Bull), Wild Boar, Sambar, Jackals, Hyenas, etc. Gir national park has over 300 different varieties of birds. The unique ecosystem of gir harbours about 38 species of mammals, around 37 species of reptiles & more than 2000 species of insects.
Meeting Point: Junagadh Railway station for participants joining from cities other than Mumbai on 03.04.20 at 13.15 Hrs.
Meeting Point: Mumbai Central Railway Station at 20.00 hrs on 02.04.20 for Participants travelling with us from Mumbai and enrolled for return train tickets.
further details will be given in detail post-booking. No Hidden Charges.
DAY 1 - Thursday
We Board the train from Mumbai and reach Junagadh by next day afternoon.
DAY 2 - Friday
After reaching the destination fresh n up and lunch then we leave for local sightseeing and evening at leisure. Overnight.
DAY 3 - Saturday
Early morning After Break Fast leave for Trek to Girnar Hill or Girinagar Older than the Himalayas. Girnar, the mountain and its range are considered sacred and it's an important pilgrimage site for both Jains and Hindus. Overnight.
Day 4 - Sunday
Early morning safari 06.00 am to 09.00 am. Breakfast at camps & Bird watching and exploring riverside with crocodile site till 12.00 pm post-lunch we visit Somnath Temple is the first among the twelve Jyotirlinga
shrines of the god Shiva. Overnight.
Day 5 - Monday
After Break, Fast Shopping on the way famous for souvenirs is wall hangings, bandhani saris, cloth toys, devotional items, embroidered clothes, and silk saris. Post Lunch we take a train back to Mumbai & reach Mumbai early morning.
1. Accommodation in Ac rooms in Junagadh and 3* hotel in Sasan Gir on 4 sharing bases.
2. Sleeper class Train tickets from Mumbai to Mumbai.
3. Pure veg / Non Veg / Jain (BF / LUNCH / DINNER )
4. South African Tribal Dance
5. Local Transport(AC) for Transfers
6. 1 open Gypsy Jungle Safari.
1. Expenses of personal nature such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone, Table Drinks & portage etc.
2. Mineral water/cold drinks
3. Camera fees for the park
4. Any other SS tours not mentioned in the program.
5. High Tea.
6. Anything not mentioned in the inclusion.
General Terms & Conditions:
1. Itinerary is subject to change without prior notice.
2. Organizers reserve full rights to claim any additional expenses due to delay/breakdown of buses / Rail / Strike /war / Riot / Natural Calamities.
3. In case of damage whatsoever done by the participants, cost of the same will be borne by Him/Her.
4. The organizers will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
5. Lion is just a part of forest and lion sighting is matter of luck, so always enjoy the overall forest with other mammals and birds.
EventsHigh Specials, trekking, himalayas, the big cats, local sightseeing tours, adventure and sports, sightseeing tours, nature and parks, outdoors, private guide and tours, weekend getaways, himalayan treks, bird watching,