Restore Your Core is a comprehensive exercise program created for women who have a core and pelvic floor dysfunction such as:
- Leaking urine when running, sneezing, jumping, coughing, lifting
- Constant back pain
- A weak core or a gap in the core wall (diastasis recti)
- A bulging sensation or heaviness in the pelvic floor
- Hip discomfort
- Painful intercourse
- Pelvic organ prolapse
Over half of all women will experience one or more of these issues in their lifetime. That is huge! Often these issues are brushed off as “normal” for having had a baby, however, they are anything but normal and cause the major quality of life issues. In fact, many women who have never been pregnant have these issues.
This workshop is aimed at creating awareness about core & pelvic floor muscles. Having gone through a roller-coaster journey myself after my second child, I realized how important it is to strengthen the core & pelvic floor muscles in a sustainable way.
During the workshop, we will:
- Learn the basics of core & pelvic floor muscles
- Learn about blind-spots & root causes that hinder core & pelvic floor function and healing
- Learn exercises & techniques that can help restore the functioning of the core & pelvic floor
The exercises are adapted from yoga and Pilates, covering the fundamentals of biomechanics. It takes a “function” over “shape” approach and encourages women to return to the activities they love, once they feel ready and confident.
After this workshop, I am planning to conduct a regular series of classes to help women strengthen their core and pelvic floor muscles. This workshop will give you a good introduction to the series I will be conducting!
I am a certified Restore Your CoreTM instructor and ISSA certified fitness trainer with a primary goal to restore functional strength to women.