Witnessing a mesmerizing sunrise amidst a sea of cloud after a gruesome 2 hour trek is an experience in itself to cherish for a long time.
This is what one can expect at the Skandagiri trek.
Skandagiri is also known as Kalavara Durga. It is an ancient mountain fortress located approximately 70 km from Bangalore city.
The peak stands at a height of 1350 meters overlooking the Nandi Hills.
Skandagiri is a perfect weekend getaway near Bangalore, preferred by most adventure and nature lovers. The trek is an exciting climbing adventure for enthusiasts
Total hiking distance -- 8 kms
Difficulty level -- Moderate to Tough
- The trek starts from the Papagni Mutt, which is located at the foothills of the Kalwara village.
- The participants get to see a majestic view of the fortress located on the peak at a height of 1350 meters above sea level.
- The trail itself passes through a maze of dense shrubs which can be quite intriguing.
- There is an old abandoned Shiva temple at the top where the hikers can relax and enjoy the view of their magnificient surroundings.
Day 1 - Start
11:00 PM - 12:30 AM - Pick up all the trekkers from 4 different pickup points and start our journey towards Skandagiri
12:30 AM - 03:00 AM - Journey of 2 hours to reach the base of Skandagiri hills
Day 2 - Trek night
03:00 AM - 04:00 AM - Finish all the formalities at the forest check post, pack your bags and gear up to start the trek
04:00 AM - 06:30 AM - Trek through the hill to reach the peak
06:30 AM - 07:30 AM - Spend your time atop the hill, witness the sunrise, enjoy the majestic view all around the hills, click some beautiful snaps for your memory
07:30 AM - 09:00 AM - Start the descend down the hill and reach the base point
09:00 AM - 09:15 AM - Freshen up and board the vehicle to start our journey back towards Bangalore
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM - Breakfast at one of the hotels on the way to bangalore
11:00 AM - 01:00 PM - Reach Bangalore and drop the trekkers at the same drop points as before
Note: All the timings mentioned above are tentative and the actual timings will depend on various factors such as traffic conditions, on time arrival of the participants, pace of the trekkers in covering the distance. However, we will make our best efforts to keep the schedule on time
Things to carry
1. Fully covered clothes, preferably full arm shirts and track pants (The trail has a lot of thorny bushes and shrubs, fully covered clothes helps you in avoiding unnecessary bruises)
2. A pair of shoes with good grip (Sports, trekking or good hiking shoes shoes should be fine. No flip-flops, sandals etc..,)
4. Water bottle (A bottle of at least a liter)
5. Refreshments (Dry fruits, energy bars, sugar candies etc.,)
6. A positive and protective attitude towards the nature
7. A big and wide smile through out the trek
Please keep in mind that we are entering a forest protected zone and it becomes our duty to protect it and help in nurturing it for all the future generations, so please help us by avoiding any kind of littering of plastic, making a lot of noise. We also prohibit our trekkers from playing music on speakers during the trek, however listening to music using a pair of head phones is absolutely fine.
By booking the ticket to this trek, each participant would have agreed and declared himself as fit both medically and physically to undergo this trek
Smoking and/or consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited during the trek and also trekkers who are under the influence of alcohol will not be entertained to participate in the trek and their booking will stand dishonored and no refund will be done towards their booking
BookMyFun or any of its representatives or agents or subordinates will not be held responsible for any of the personal injuries that are inflicted by the trekkers negligence and lack of discipline during the trek
1. Cancellation done before 7 days of the trek date - 100% refund of the booking amount (Eventshigh commission of 4.6% of the ticket amount will be withheld)
2. Cancellation done before 4 days of the trek date - 50% refund of the booking amount (50% of the ticket amount + 4.6% of events high commission will be with held)
3. Cancellation done before 2 days of the trek date - 25% refund of the booking amount (75% of the ticket amount + 4.6% of events high commission will be with held)
4. Cancellation done within 2 days of the trek date - 0% refund of the booking amount (100% of the ticket amount will be with held)
If any cancellations are done within the refund eligibility period then a refund will be initiated within the next working day and the amount will be credited back to the original payment mode to the participant within the next 4-10 bank business days
Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
Skandagiri Hills Suddahalli, Karnataka 562103, India
No reviews available
Write a review
Be the first one to review! Share your experience.