When was the last time you did something for the first time?
What was the last time you heard yourself? Quite literally!!
When was the last time you learnt something that would help you across all spheres of life?
When was the last time you used your voice consciously?
If it's been a while...then it's time to come by for this fun workshop. Also, get a peek into the technical side of the voice industry and learn how you can record without too much of an investment.
What you can expect in level 1 & level 2:
1. To interact with experts - a seasoned RJ & voice-over artist and an experienced Sound Engineer, to get some insights into this industry
2. To learn about modulation, intonation, pitch, pace etc., and how to use them effectively, as every project, be it RJing, movie trailer voices, audiobooks and cartoon voices, demands a different approach.
3. To gain a basic understanding of how the life-cycle of an ad, radio show or audiobook works
1. To learn techniques of getting a clean recording of your voice on your own PC/laptop with minimal/no investment
2. To learn through fun and creative activities about your strong areas in terms of voice, and also learn some tips on how to improve
3. To pay attention to detail by means of the practical session of practising and performing, where you will apply the techniques learnt, on a piece of your choice, and record it. Dont have a script ready? No problem.. we will work with you on the script/content for your recording
The final voice-over done by you will be emailed to you within a week after the workshop.
Prerequisite to attend only Level 2: Basic knowledge of the world of voice-overs and radio, and basic experience in some voice-related activities.
Things to keep in mind
1. The voice-over/RJing domain is vast and it is not feasible to cover all aspects of it in workshop duration. The workshop will, however, give you an idea on the next steps that you can pursue if you are interested to be part of this industry.
2. We will work with you to fine-tune and better your voice work within the time available as much feasible. Please understand, that to be able to perfect it in such a short period of time would not be possible and is not the objective of the workshop.
Things to bring along
1. A piece of work (about 100 words or less) that you would like to record during the workshop. Could be an already existing piece of work or your own creation too! Feel free to get creative!
2. A book and pen or your laptop/tab
3. An open mind and a happy heart! Essentials for success in any walk of life!
Supriya was the winner of Radio Duniya Best Radio Host Award 2008 by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India and has over 14 years of experience as an RJ and Voice-over/Dubbing Artist.
Her voice-over portfolio includes Radio shows, podcasts, TV commercials, radio spots, Audiobooks, Youtube Explainer Videos, Corporate Films, IVRs, Animation videos, Audiobooks, etc. Her voice has been used by clients like Google, Air Asia, Himalaya, Audible, etc. One of her many USPs includes the ability to record in English, Hindi, Tamil and Kannada
She hosts radio shows and podcasts for corporates and a Bollywood music radio station in the Middle East. She was also part of the core Worldspace Satellite Radio team.
Supriya has been an integral part of the creative process involved in putting together radio shows, podcasts and music streams for various clients. She has also written creatives for Radio. She is an MC and has anchored various music and dance events in Bangalore and Mumbai
Ranjith is a professional Sound Engineer with about 14 years of experience in Live sound, Studio Operations and has been involved in the creative processes of creating audio work.
As a live sound engineer, he has been behind the desk for award functions, corporate events, musical nights, etc. As a recording engineer, he was in charge of handling multiple Indian language voice recordings and producing them into audio shows.
Most recently, he was heading the studio department at an MNC, leading the team with functions ranging from ideation through to the final production.
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
The Circular Square - Bengaluru 24, Doddakalansandra Gubbalala gate, next to Lakshmi Vilas bank, Navaratan Gardens, Konanakunte, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062, India
No reviews available
Write a review
Be the first one to review! Share your experience.