"Documenting little details of your everyday life becomes a celebration of who you are" - Carolyn V Hamilton
In this 16 hours camp, you do just that with the tools and techniques of art that will help you document those details pictorially in a journal. The journal and the prompts within it make sure that you visit and practice all the below topics under expert guidance:
- Day 1 (29 April): You will learn about light, shadow and perspectives, and techniques to apply it when sketching still life using mediums of your choice (Pencils/Color pencils/Oil pastels/Soft pastels/Watercolor/Charcoal)
- Day 2 (30 April): Seen some sketches that leave you amazed at how realistic they look? The focus of these two days would be on heightening your visualization skills to sketch objects three-dimensionally with the simple medium of shading pencils
- Day 3 (1 May): This day is for you to have some fun filling up a sheet or two of your journal with tribal art of Warli. You will use mediums of Pencils/Color pencils/Oil pastels/Poster colors
- Day 4 & 5 (4 & 5 May): Understand textures of simple things that we see around such as yarn, plastic, wood, etc, combine then with mediums of Pen/Color pencils/Watercolor and voila! You would have stepped into the world of printmaking. This is a type of art that utilizes the ability to create multiple copies of a piece of art with an emphasis on the design.
- Day 6 (6 May): We will dedicate this session to observe and translate human anatomy and features onto paper, followed by illustrating a character design in the journal of your favorite characters (be it a superhero, a folk character or even a friend).
- Day 7 (7 May): Storyboard your own comic in your journal or carry out a live sketch of people, places and things you see around you on this day. You will undoubtedly use the techniques that you learned in the past days of this workshop. Pencils/Color pencils/Oil pastels/Soft pastels/Watercolor/Charcoal - choose your favorite medium for this activity Or mix the media to make your sketch impactful
- Day 8 (8 May): The last day of the workshop is to practice the pattern-based art of Mandala that is just as beautiful as the process of creating it is calming. A combination of pens and Color pencils/Watercolor will be used by you for this Mandala page in your art journal
All materials required for the workshop will be provided. Journal will be provided for those signing up for the entire 16 hours camp. For those registering only for select sessions/days, sheets will be provided as suitable to the mediums.
This workshop is a great fit for 6-12-year-olds, but you can attend even if you are older as long as you have the enthusiasm and interest to enjoy the learning process of the given topics. Participants to bring along hand towels and palettes.
Workshop schedule: 29 Apr - 8 May (Mon-Fri) 2-4 pm
EventsHigh Specials, sketching, human anatomy, the techniques, superhero, sketching Classes And Workshops, painting workshops, arts and culture, classes and workshops, art classes and workshops, The Circular Square, sketching classes & workshops,