Distressing is the art of making an object appear vintage, by giving it a "weathered look". In this workshop, you will work on a simple wooden frame, and make it look like a treasured hand-me-down from the past. Join us to learn a variety of distressing techniques and create a wonderful product which accents your home.
We would cover the following techniques:
1. Learn to work with palette wood and its natural wood grains.
2. hands-on experience on using the sanding machine
3. work with wood stains/tints
4. Basic decoupage
5. distressed wood using the wash technique
6. Learn to stencil some amazing home decor quotes using paints and a stencil brush
7. Fixing hardware
8. Using wood wax
Artist: Rupa Swaminathan
Take away: A unique Distressed piece of palette wood key hanger! (size 5*14 palette wood)
Day and Date: Saturday, 17th August Time: 10.30 am to 1.30 pm Fees: Rs 2100 (includes all material)
Booking Fee: Rs 500 (Balance of Rs 1600 to be paid at venue)
Venue: Bloom and Grow, Koramangala
About Bloom and Grow:
Bloom & Grow facilitates artist-led art & craft workshops in studios and also, conducts art based corporate workshops across India.