We'll be cycling, camping, trekking and kayaking in Gandikota over the Republic Day weekend. The word "Gandi" means gorge and "Kota" means fort. Gandikota is home to a 13th century fort perched atop the canyon cliffs and overlooking the ancient Pennar river that meanders through the gorge. Our campsite for the weekend lies beside the fort and overlooks the majestic beauty of the canyon. The biking trails we've mapped out will give you spectacular views of the valley as you ride beside the wind energy farms lining the cliff tops. A large part of the ride will be over mud & gravel trails, with no other souls in sight.
Day 1 (26th Jan)
4:30 am: Drive from Bangalore to Gandikota
11:00 am: Fort visit and trek
4:30 pm: Trek down to the Pennar river kayaking
Day 2 (27th Jan)
6:00 am: 45 km ride of which 20 km is off-road
3:30 pm: Depart to Bangalore
MTBs are recommended for this ride.
Things to bring:
1. a 2 or 3 Litre hydration pack or 2 water bottles that'll fit in a small backpack
2. Any personal medication
3. Helmet if you're bringing your own bike
4. Padded Cycling shorts
5. Mosquito repellent spray/lotion
6. We'll be providing electrolytes, dry fruits and fruits during the rides. Please carry any preferred energy bars etc.
7. Comfortable clothing for the rides
8. Sandals (preferably waterproof)
9. Sports/Cycling Shoes
10. Riding sunglasses
11. Riding gloves
12. Sunscreen lotion
13. Towel & toiletries
14. Sleeping bag if you'd like to use your own (you'll be provided with a sleeping bag at the campsite)
15. Small backpack for the rides
17. Spare tubes if you're bringing your own bike
18. Make sure your bike is serviced and ready for the ride!
19. ID Proof (PAN Card / Aadhar car / Passport / Driving License)