"I'm sorry, the number you have called is currently switched off!"
"Hurry!!!!!! Limited period offer"
"Terms and conditions apply"
Did you just read these lines, or did you read them out?
If you had a personal spin on how you said any of these lines and had fun while doing it, we'd like to talk to you! If you are the one everyone turns to, to entertain them with popular dialogues or imitations of known people, we'd like to meet you! Does the thought of being a speaker, an RJ or voice-over artist ever cross your mind, but then you feel you are too shy for that? Come over for this workshop and let us help you explore your skills!
No matter who you are, if you feel like there's something special about the way you speak, think and sound, then this one for you! This introductory workshop is your first step into the world of the Voice-Over and Radio industry.
What you can expect
1. To interact with experts - a seasoned RJ & voice-over artist and an experienced Sound Engineer, to get some insights into this industry
2. From speaking like an RJ to doing movie trailer voices to audiobooks and even cartoon voices, every project demands a different approach. Learn about modulation, intonation, pitch, pace, etc., and how to use them effectively
3. Some fun and creative activities that will help you identify your strong areas and also learn some tips on how to improve
4. To learn the basics of getting a clean recording of your voice on your own PC/laptop with minimal/no investment
5. To gain basic understanding of how the life-cycle of an ad, radio show or audiobook works
6. A practical session of practicing and performing where you will apply the techniques learned, on a piece of your choice, and record it. We will email you the final voice-over done by you within a week after the workshop.
While you are here, meet like-minded people amidst conversations and fun!
Things to keep in mind
1. This is only an introductory 3-hour workshop. The voice-over/RJing domain is vast and it is not feasible to cover all aspects of it in that duration. The workshop will, however, give you an idea of the next steps that you can pursue if you are interested to be part of this industry.
2. We will work with you to fine-tune and better your voice work within the time available as much feasible. Please understand, that to be able to perfect it in such a short period of time would not be possible and is not the objective of the workshop.
Things to bring along
1. A piece of work (about 100 words or less) that you would like to record during the workshop. It could be an already existing piece of work or your own creation too! Feel free to get creative!
2. A book and pen or your laptop/tab
3. An open mind and a happy heart! Essentials for success in any walk of life!
Minimum age to participate: 13 years (no upper age limit)
Supriya was the winner of Radio Duniya Best Radio Host Award 2008 by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India and has over 14 years of experience as an RJ and Voice-over/Dubbing Artist.
Her voice-over portfolio includes Radio shows, podcasts, TV commercials, radio spots, Audiobooks, Youtube Explainer Videos, Corporate Films, IVRs, Animation videos, Audiobooks, etc. Her voice has been used by clients like Google, Air Asia, Himalaya, Audible, etc. One of her many USPs includes the ability to record in English, Hindi, Tamil and Kannada
She hosts radio shows and podcasts for corporates and a Bollywood music radio station in the Middle East. She was also part of the core Worldspace Satellite Radio team.
Supriya has been an integral part of the creative process involved in putting together radio shows, podcasts and music streams for various clients. She has also written creatives for Radio. She is an MC and has anchored various music and dance events in Bangalore and Mumbai.
Ranjith is a professional Sound Engineer with about 14 years of experience in Live sound, Studio Operations and has been involved in the creative processes of creating audio work.
As a live sound engineer, he has been behind the desk for award functions, corporate events, musical nights, etc. As a recording engineer, he was in charge of handling multiple Indian language voice recordings and producing them into audio shows.
Most recently, he was heading the studio department at an MNC, leading the team with functions ranging from ideation through to the final production.
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
The Circular Square - Bengaluru 24, Doddakalansandra Gubbalala gate, next to Lakshmi Vilas bank, Navaratan Gardens, Konanakunte, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062, India
No reviews available
Write a review
Be the first one to review! Share your experience.