Kurinjal Trek is one of the less explored climbing trails situated in the Kudremukh National Park in Chikmagalur region, Karnataka, India. The Beautiful Valley of the locale has a few wild creatures, tall trees and fluctuated scenes secured with green vegetation.
The entire view of field blended with restricted segments of woods gives a phenomenal vista to a trekker. The absolutely outside air and the move here and there animates the body and mitigates the spirit. During the Kurinjal trek, one can view and concentrate a few natural life types of plants, fowls, reptiles, creatures of land and water, butterflies, creepy crawlies, and so forth.
The Kurinjal Gudda trail is 3,596 feet (1,096 m) above ocean level. What’s more, the separation from Bangalore makes it as the greatest end of the week spot for experiences an adrenaline surge. It’s without a doubt an unquestionable do trek on the off chance that you are in Bangalore.
• Start from Bangalore
• Reach Balgal and have breakfast at homestay
• Trekking from the base of Kurinjal have lunch and return back to homestay.
• Post dinner Enjoying at homestay with light fun activities
• Next morning either enjoying a bath in river water or tea estates.
• And back to Bangalore.
Trek Amount includes the following:
• To and fro journey
• 2 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
• Trekking permit charges
• Lots and lots of fun and excitement :)
Rules and Guidelines:
* Please do not expect any luxury during the trip.
* No alcohol or loud music.
* Strictly no plastics to be thrown, we follow NTP
* All participants have to fill disclaimer forms
* All participants must follow the outdoor leader's instructors and must not stray away from the
* It could be quite cold in the camp/homestay.
* Veg food will be served during the trip. We will not be able to entertain to specific choice/demand of the participant.
Things to carry:
1. Rucksack/ backpack.
2. Shoes with good grip.
3. Plastic covers to keep your stuff dry.
4. Slippers/ floaters for walking around the campsite/homestay.
6. Water Bottle (2 L)
7. Toilet kit
8. Any specific medicines you need.
9. Camera/Binocular (optional)
10. Carry your Identification card (original and Xerox copy) and a passport size photo.
11. Extra pair of clothes.
Case 1: If the cancellation is done before 7th day from the trek date then FULL REFUND is applicable.
Case 2: If the cancellation is done before 4th day from the trek date then HALF REFUND is applicable. However, you can opt to carry forward the amount for the future event happening in the coming 2 months.
Case 3 If the cancellation is done after 1 day from the trek date then NO REFUND is applicable. But, you are allowed to transfer your booking to anybody else with prior confirmation
PS: Above itinerary is tentative and subject to change depending on the situation on the ground.
Leaving from Bangalore in the late evening. We request you to have some light food before traveling. This trip would be an overnight journey to Balgal (near to Kurinjal Kudremukh Range) in which we would have an informal introduction and have fun.
The nearest town to the homestay is Kalasa, we will be passing through Hassan road to Belur to Kassala town and from that point to Balgal. Balgal is a little spot at the base of Mullodi Hills.
There is an arrangement made for freshening up and breakfast at the balgal. From which we will start our journey into the Kudremukh Forest reserve and then to the base of Kurinjal. The Road to the base of Kurinjal gives a beautiful look at the timberland hold.
7.30 am – 6 pm After Fresh-up and Breakfast, we would embark on our journey to Kurinjal peak.
The Trail is covered with dense tall trees give you a perfect shade on a sunny day, The Forest has several wild animals likes langoors, monkey and many which often makes a sound in jungles making you aware of the wild forest on your side.
The track straight lead you to the base of the huge black rock on the top of the mountain. There is only one water source in the middle of the path, close to the peak.
The Last steps of the trek are bit tricky and challenging as the path is a little steep. The panoramic view from the peak in indescribable, the green vegetation of the forest surrounding looks like a grape bunch.
After spending some quality time at the peak,
We would start descending through the same path to the homestay for a much-awaited Campfire and hot dinner. You could also take a bath, if you want as hot water is available at the homestay.
Next Day: Day 2: Return
07:30 am – 11 am
Next day after breakfast we would spend the early morning time at the Somavati River waterfall beside the homestay / visiting tea estate.
Visiting Bellur if time permits. Spend some quality time and then back to Bangalore.
11 am – 10.30 pm – Return Journey to Bangalore.
Pick up and Drop
Pick up and Drop
Pick up & Drop locations with pick up Timings
1) Koramangala Water Tank bus stop, opposite to Mr. Beans - Home
Café, Sarjapur Main Road, Near St.John’s Hospital. -