Consider that you're going to have an amazing time trekking along beautiful meadows bursting with an abundance of growth, sipping on ice-cold water alongside buddies from freshwater streams, climbing out of dark dwindling mysterious forests giving way to terrific stretches of grasslands and soak yourselves in the untamed beauty of the western ghats. It seems like an adventure, right? Believe us; it is!
Also, consider that you'd be witnessing a scene straight out of fantasy. League of clouds battling the peaks, subtly cascading beautiful water streams, never before heard mesmerizing sounds and green thick jungle more uncertain than the Amazon. Crazy, right?
Well, It's all out there in Kudremukha.
Being the third highest peak in all of Chikmagalur district, Kudremukha is one of those enchanting places which never ceases to amuse us. Going on a trek in this part of the UNESCO world heritage site would definitely be a soul-cleansing experience.
Join us when we go on a trekking date to negotiate slopes, discover our fitness quotient, brush our photography skills and also share silence not just chats while witnessing beautiful mornings and evenings in an invigorating locale surrounded by mesmerizing views of mother nature.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Kudremukha being a world heritage site, the concerned authority of the Forest Department at Kudremukha wildlife division presently allows "only 50 members on first come first serve basis" to trek to Kudremukha peak every day. This law has been passed in order to preserve the Eco-system and to promote Eco-tourism in the region (which means it's a complete environment-friendly zone). In case if we are denied permits for the day, we'll take you to Kurinjal peak which is as beautiful as the Kudremukha peak. . . Destination: Kudremukha. Difficulty level: Moderate. Date: 20 & 21 July 2019 Trek distance: 20+ kilometers too and fro. Difficult terrain: 4 kilometers. Stay Dormitory with the campfire. Mode of transportation: TT or Minibus with push-back seats. Start time from Bangalore: 8 pm on 19th July . . .* What's the itinerary for the trek? . - Day 0. Friday night. - Leave Bangalore by 8 pm. (Please finish your dinner before boarding the bus. This is not on us). * Boarding points will be confirmed soon, depending on various people from various points.
- Day 1. - Reach homestay by 6 am. Freshen up and get ready for the big day. - Breakfast by 7 am. - Start trekking towards Elneeru waterfalls by 2 pm. - Parceled Lunch on the way - Activities in the evening. - Early dinner, call it a day.
- Day 2. - Early morning wake up (4 am). - Breakfast. - Reach Kudremukha base by Jeep. - Start trek by 6 am. - Packed lunch. - Summit and descending by 5 pm. - Dinner at the homestay. - Head towards Bangalore by 9 pm.
* What are the exclusions? . 1. Meals not included in the itinerary. (Day 0 and Day2 Dinner is not covered) 2. Insurance of any kind. 3. Personal expenses of any kind. 4. Anything which is not included in the inclusions. . . * What does the first aid kit include? . It includes, - Dettol/betadine/distilled water to clean wounds. - Band-Aids. - Sterile gauze/cotton for dressing. - Small plaster for dressing. - Pain killer. - Skin rash cream. - Antacid. - Crepe bandage. - Sterile scissors. - Antiseptic cream. - Antihistamines. . . * Things to be carried by the trekkers. . 1. A Rucksack/backpack (30 liters Min) and a Daypack (10litres) *** 2. Reusable Water Bottles (2 nos.) *** 3. Dry fruits/Protein bars/Snacks(if you wish to carry anything of your own choice) *** 4. Flash light / Torch / USB lights*** 5. 1 Indian national ID *** 6. A small knife. 7. 1 rope/twine/bungee cord*** 8. 1 full sleeve t-shirt or a T-shirt with an arm sleeve– Preferably Quick Dry T-shirts 9. 1 shorts / 1 Trek Pants ¬- A comfortable pair of pants/quick drying will work wonders. ( DO NOT WEAR JEANS FOR THE TREK) 10. Trekking shoes / 1 pair of socks 11. Basic medication if needed 12. Slippers 13. Polythene covers/zip lock cover 14. Towel 15. Toilet paper 16. Toiletries 17. Deodorant 18. Poncho/raincoat (If raining season) 19. Sun Blocks ( HAT, GOGGLES, SUN SCREEN, ARM SLEEVES, BANDANA) 20. Watch . . . * *Important note. . -There might be a few changes in the itinerary completely subjected to the weather. In that case, the organizer will be responsible for the itinerary change. We'd make sure you'd get the best experience. Please respect the Organizer's decision throughout the trek in case of any uncertainties/change in plan. . -The mountains/forests have their own orchestra of sounds; we would like you to listen to birds, animals, leaves and the wind, . -The locals, animals, birds have the right of 'way' and 'say' in our programs. We wish to respect their dignity to the fullest extent possible. . NOTE: We all are very much meeting for the first time, so please maintain a friendly relationship with each and every one. Respect every individual, do not create your own small group based on region, profession, age, etc. We will be in a group of 13-20 people, so there will be only one group. We have to enjoy as a group and as an individual. Do not interfere in anyone's personal business and avoid any questions related. . . ****CANCELLATION POLICY****
- If you cancel 7 days before the date of the event: ->90% refund will be provided. - If you cancel 3-6 days before the date of the event: ->50% of the actual amount of the trek will be refunded. - If you cancel 48 hours before the date of the event: ->No refund would be provided. - Last-minute cancellations due to work, health issues, etc. would not be entertained and no refund or transfer shall be allowed for the same.
- For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.