Yakshagana is a 400 years old folk theatrical dance form. It is a unique harmony of music, costumes, dance styles, gestures, acting, and extemporaneous dialogues. It is a vibrant and vigorous living form of folk theatre art. In Yakshagana, every section like music, make-up, costumes, and storytelling has its own discipline of studies. Hence, Yakshagana is a master art form with many creative arts put together.
Agenda of this workshop:
1. To learn techniques of dancing against gravity.
2. To learn speech modulation and improve tonal quality.
3. To understand the colorful styles and patterns of make- up.
4. To practice dance in coordination with refined theatrical gestures and mudras.
5. To learn the techniques, to build the core strength through meditation and exercise.
Why should you learn Yakshagana?
1. Yakshagana is an amalgamation of highly creative and unique, ancient sub art forms.
2. It's colorful, energy-packed, witty, intelligent and entertaining.
3. It is widely popular across the world as a rich traditional art form of south India which has a strong heritage value.
4. Commercially it is highly viable as there is a huge demand for Yakshagana teachers overseas.