One of the less explored gems of Garhwal Himalayas, Dayara Bugyal is captivating in its own unique way. Bugyal in Garhwali means "Alpine Pasture or High Altitude Meadow". It is arguably one of the prettiest meadows one would come across while trekking in the Himalayas. A perfect trek to step into the Himalayas as you walk through dense jungles, gaze at mighty Himalayan peaks, spend your evenings beside a high altitude lake and a walk on this endless pasture makes this trek very enticing. This Bugyal is situated in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand at an elevation ranging from 10,000 - 12,000 ft. Dayara Bugyal offers some of the best views of Mt. Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Black Peak, Gangotri Ranges, DKD, Srikantha to name a few. So much for a low lying trek that it does not feel real and yet the trekkers are lost in its beauty and the quietness that this place provides.
Type: High Altitude Trekking
Region : Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarakhand
Duration : 5 Days
Distance : 22 Km
Altitude : 12,000 feet
Grade : Easy
Avg. Temperature - Day time: 13 to 18 °C/Night time : 0 to 5 °C
Accommodation - Homestays at arrival/departure, tents at campsites
Transportation - Taxi/Tempo traveller
Cost - 9,990 ( 5% GST)
Upcoming Trek Date - 24th Feb to 28th Feb 2019
3rd Mar 2019 to 7th Mar 2019
19th May 2019 to 23rd May 2019
Day 01: Dehradun to Barsu
Distance: 225 KMs
Time: 7-8 Hrs Drive
Altitude: 7,300 ft
Day 02: Barsu to Barnala
Distance: 5 KMs
Time: 5-6 Hrs walk
Altitude: 9,000 ft
Day 03: Barnala to Dayara Top and back to Barnala
Distance: 10-11 KMs
Time: 7-8 Hrs walk
Altitude: 12,000 ft
Day 04: Barnala to Barsu
Distance: 5 KMs
Time: 4 Hrs walk
Altitude: 7,300 ft
Day 05: Barsu to Dehradun
The vehicle would arrive at 7:00 AM in the morning for the drive to Dehradun. It is always advisable to start your journey early in the to avoid due to roadblocks or landslides which are frequent in Himalayan terrain. Arrival at Dehradun by 6:00 PM. We advise our trekkers to book onward journey post 8:00 PM
- Transport: Non AC coach from Dehradun to Barsu back.
- Accommodation: Guest House/camp at Barsu including dinner and breakfast. While camping on the trek, accommodation will be provided in tents on twin/three sharing along with sleeping bags
- Meals: At Barsu, Dinner and breakfast will be served on the day of the arrival. During the trek, vegetarian food and eggs will be provided. Dinner at Barsu on the day of completion of the trek will be provided.
- Expert and Professional Trek Leader along with experienced local trekking guides
- Trekking and camping equipment like tents, mats, sleeping bags, spikes, gaiters etc.
- Mules/Porters: For carrying camping equipment like tents, carry mat, sleeping bags, spikes, gaiters, kitchen equipment, rations and vegetable Kitchen staff would accompany the group
Entry fee for the park, Environment levy fees, camping and forest fees.
Not Included -
- Airfare/Train tickets
- Accommodation at Dehradun Enroute meal (Dehradun to Barsu and back)
- Backpack offloading during the trek
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Trekking gear like trekking bag, shoe, trekking pole etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Travel insurance
Health & Fitness Requirements:
All participants are required to submit a medical certificate approved by a registered medical practitioner prior to the trek.
Apart from this we highly recommend you having an adventurous spirit and willingness to undergo the joys & hardships of outdoor camping, in addition to good physical and mental fitness, to completely enjoy the trek. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial ailments, we advise you against participating since most treks happen in remote areas with limited access to medical services & hospital facilities.
Our Trek Leaders are experienced mountaineers and we trust their judgements. If during the trek, the Trek Leader advises you against continuing on the trek, we request you to respect his judgement and follow his instructions.
Plan The Unplanned would be not responsible for any flight cancellation charges/any other cost.