Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
The Oxford dictionary defines the term monolith as a large single upright block of stone, especially one shaped into or serving as a pillar or monument. And with the Madhugiri Hill, located approximately 100 km away from Bangalore in the Tumkur district of Karnataka, being the second largest monolith in Asia after Savandurga, you can be certain it's not going to be your average fort trek.
The trek up Madhugiri Fort sets itself apart owing to a myriad of reasons, the most obvious of which being the fairly challenging climb up to the peak and the intricate architecture adorning the ancient fort that follows you all throughout the trail.
Literally meaning Honey-Hill, Madugiri derives its name from the Honeybee colonies that used to be prevalent atop the fortress during ancient times. Originally built in the year 1678 by Raja Heera Gowda of the Ganga Dynasty, various additions were made to the fortress later on by Hyder Ali, the then de facto Sultan of Mysore. With grand bastions, gateways and water tanks located at strategic locations, the Madhugiri Fort is a prime example of the way warfare was conducted in those days.
Trek Level: Easy-Moderate
Distance: 5-6 km (Approx)
- Leave Bangalore by 6 AM (Approx)
- Have breakfast on the way
- Reach Base and start the trek
- Reach the peak and explore the Top
- Descend and reach back to base camp
- Return to Bangalore and reach by 7 PM
- Non-A/C Tempo Traveller or Mini-bus with push - back seats depending on group size
- Bangalore to Bangalore
1 Breakfast & Lunch
Trek Leads from Plan The Unplanned Team
- Any kind of insurance
- Personal Expenses (snacks, mineral water, etc)
Anything not included above
We have an equal male to female ratio for most of our treks
We require a minimum of 8 members to confirm the event
In case we fail to obtain the required minimum, a full refund or the option to transfer to any other event will be provided. (Option of transfer shall be subject to payment/refund of balance amount if any)
Pick up point & Timings
Following are the pick-up points:
1. Fabindia House No. 54, Beside Home Stop, Koramangala 2nd Block, Bengaluru
2. New Shanti Sagar Hotel Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru
3. KTM Mekhri Circle Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Bengaluru | Reporting Time 12:30 AM
Please select your preferred pickup point from the drop-down list while booking
Any change in Pick up locations/ timings would be updated via mail 24 hours before the start of the trip
Drop-off points shall be the same as the pick-up points
Things To Carry
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek