Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Plan The Unplanned in collaboration with IwasThere presents Sandakphu Phalut Trek
Known as a trekker’s paradise, this West Bengal based trek takes you to the highest point of the state, the Sandakphu peak. The peak gives one a majestic view of 4 of the 5 highest peaks in the world’s 8 thousander - Mt. Kangchenjunga, Mt. Everest, Mt, Makalu and Mt Lhotse. This trek switches between the borders between India and Nepal. The eastern and western part of the peak lies in India and Nepal respectively. It makes a perfect trek for the 1st timers as it’s not situated at a very high altitude. The trek through the Singalila National Park gives trekkers gives an opportunity to explore the flora and fauna. There are over 600 varieties of orchids in this area, the largest concentration in any single geographical area in the world as well as rare animals like Red Pandas and Pangolins are found here. If it’s a clear sky day, they shall also witness the entire set of Mt Kanchenjunga peaks. It’s a feast to your eyes, making this trek gain popularity at a fast pace. The trek has long walk days even crossing 20 KMs on one of the days’ means the trek is graded as Moderate.
Why should you choose this trek? To have a tea house experience, to witness the 4 world’s mighty peaks and the Sleeping Buddha view are enough reasons to make you want to pack your bags and choose this as your next trek . Travel makes one experience something unexplainable, so broaden the horizon of creating memories for lifetime with Plan The Unplanned and IWasThere.
Type: High Altitude Trekking
Region: West Bengal
Duration: 7 Days
Distance: 81 KMs
Highest Altitude: 12,000 Ft.
Cost: 10,350 plus 5% GST
-Transport: Non AC coach from NJP/Bagdogra/Siliguri to Kopidana on Da 1 and back on Day 7.
- Accommodation: 4 nights stay in Tea Houses and 2 nights of camping in tents on twin/triple
- Meals: All meals since arrival at Kopidana till the lunch on Day 7.
- During the trek - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner will be provided. The food
will be vegetarian and eggs may be provided. Tea will be a part of breakfast and evening
- An expert and experienced Trek Leader.
- Professional and experienced local trekking guides.
- Entry fee for the park
- Environment levy fees
-Any other permits that may be required.
- Air fare/Train tickets
- Accommodation at NJP/Bagdogra
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Trekking equipment like trekking bag, shoe, trekking pole etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, roadblocks, bad weather, etc