Annapurna Base camp trek is one of the most visited trekking areas in Nepal. This trek name is kept after the name of the worlds 10th highest mountain Annapurna (8091m). The Annapurna base camp is located at the elevation of 4130m/13549ft.It is a moderate trek. It brings you close to Annapurna one of the eight-thousander peaks. Annapurna is the first 8000 - meter peak to be scaled. You will also see the famous Fishtail, Machhapuchre, Annapurna mountain range, Dhaulagiri. You will get a chance to take a dip in the hot spring at the end of the trek. The diverse landscapes are a joy to watch. And the comfortable treehouse lodges on the trail make this trek more memorable.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the perfect mountain trek for you if you yearn mountains. The Green Meadows, streams and waterfalls, narrow paths and bridges, lush forests that barely let sunlight seep through, wild mountain beasts, clear starry nights and warm hospitality of local people make this trip wonderful experience.
Itinerary in Brief:
Day 0: Arrive at Pokhara (1,400m)
Day 1: Pokhara to Ghandruk (2,249m)
Day 2: Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2,170m)
Day 3: Chhomrong to Doban (2,579m)
Day 4: Doban to Machhapuchre Base Camp (3,699m)
Day 5: Machhapuchre Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m)
Day 6: Annapurna Base to Bamboo (2,339m)
Day 7: Bamboo to Jhinu (1,759m)
Day 8: Jhinu to Pokhara (1,400m)
Day 9: Depart from Pokhara
7N stay in simple locally run teahouses on twin or multi-sharing basis from Day 1 to Day 7.
1N (Day 8) stay in Hotel in Pokhara
Dinner from Day 1 to Lunch on Day 8.(Veg Meals only)
Well-versed Local Nepalese guide and Highly experienced crew member from Add Ventures Unlimited Team
TIMS card fee & Conservation fee.
Transport to and from Basecamp (Pokhara). You will need to reach Pokhara on your own on Day 1 and arrange for your journey back from Pokhara on Day 9.
Stay in Pokhara on Day 0.
Items of personal nature like snacks, beverages, laundry, telephone calls, Guide tips, fees, etc
Backpack Offloading: If you decide not to carry your own backpack there will be an additional charge of INR 4500/- for the entire trek and weight limit of the backpack will be 10KG per person.
Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Nepal Visa Fees
Travel Insurance for high Altitude treks & Evacuation cost
Anything other than above mention inclusions
- Weather is very crucial in the running of this trek. Weather can cause delays on the flights on the Kathmandu- Pokhara sector. It is better to keep a buffer day in Kathmandu for your return international flight. Please do explore the option for insurance for your international flight cancellations. Book after flights for the return international flights. If an extreme case you miss your international flight from Kathmandu, we will render all assistance, but cannot be held liable for any extra cost incurred. (If you have a connecting flight from Kathmandu)
- Carrying baggage limit for Kathmandu-Pokhara flight sector is 10 kg and the hand baggage limit is 5 kg. (If you have a connecting flight from Kathmandu)
- AC buses run from Kathmandu to Pokhara. You can book online. The journey takes 5-6 hours
- Please carry photo ID and 3 passport size photo for the permits.
- Though not mandatory, travel and accident insurance is highly recommended
- Please note that there is a culture of tipping the guide and porters in Nepal and they expect it after the end of the trek.
- Toilets are shared, blankets are provided and running water is available
- Majority of teahouses have cold showers, some provide hot water at additional cost
- Some teahouses have electricity where you can charge your appliances (mobile phones and cameras) at an additional cost